Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka Rifles >

Tikka Rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka Rifles

Old 08-17-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Tikka Rifles

Is the Tikka T3 a good rifle...and how much do they cost? i havnt been able to find out how much they cost
Old 08-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tikka Rifles

There was a thread titled Tiika vs Weatherby VAnguard vs CZ posted less then a month ago. Seems to be a very accurate rifle it has pros and cons and I would consider it as well as a Weatherby Vanguard or a CZ 550.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Spike

I just bought a tikka t3 lite ss. I paid $529. I did all the research and spoke to about 30 people and this was the best choice for me. so far very happy
Old 08-17-2004, 02:15 PM

What is wrong with the American made classics? Remington, Winchester, Browning, Savage, Cooper, Kimber, Ruger there are plenty. Just wondering why you ruled them out?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: USMC PMI

What is wrong with the American made classics? Remington, Winchester, Browning, Savage, Cooper, Kimber, Ruger there are plenty. Just wondering why you ruled them out?
If he's like me, he's probably found the European made rifles to be higher quality than most of our U.S. produced guns.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 PM

I purchased a Tikka T3 last year, 7 mag. It is very accurate and the recoil is non-existent, especially compared to my Savage 7mm that I previously owned and had become increasingly annoying(and not just the recoil). I paid $440, synthetic, blued. I shopped quite a bit and there are a lot of good guns out there, but in the end for the $$$ it is by far one of the best buys out there in my opinion.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine. I have a Tikka T-3 in 25-06. Excellent trigger that is crisp and easily adjusted down to 2 lbs if you like. Accurate, looks good, well made and it has the slickest bolt action of any rifle I have ever owned.

Here is a 3 shot 100 yard group fired last Saturday with factory ammo. Federal 117gr Sierra Gamekings. The red dot is .75 of and inch across.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Tikka T3 Hunter (hard-wood stock/blued) .300 WM last Summer for $489, with I think a $30 discount from buying a scope at the same store. I said before in another post it was $400, which seemed low after I thought about it. I went back and checked my receipt to find the correct $ amount. But a quality scope (e.g. Nikon Monarch) on it and you'll have an accurate rifle/scope set you'll use and love to shoot for a lifetime for $800.

It's one heck of an accurate rifle. It's the same free floating barrel as the Sako that's more than twice the price of the T3. It has a sweet adjustable trigger (though I don't see a need to adjust). Beautifully designed and styled with a palm swell. I like the removable magazine, easier loading and unloading.

Each rifle is factory tested with 3 shots within 1" group at 100 yds. I've shot that at 200 yards at the bench with premium Winchester ammo.

The T3 Lites (composite stocks) are nice, too. You'll pay a little more for them. This year I think all the models went up $30-40. It may be because of the demand for them and/or the weaker dollar than last year. Still it's a heck of an accurate, very well designed and well manufactured rifle out of the box for the money. The Finns have made fine firearms for many years. These rifles are no exceptions.

Magnum calibers with the light weight will sit you back a bit shooting on a bench to sight in. But I really can't tell you I felt that last Dec. in western WY when I was sitting on top of a ridge and shot a nice Elk with it.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:24 AM

just purchased t3 lite ss had disregarded tikka until all the feedback i recieved here excellent choice go for it .if you ok holding it cheers
Old 08-21-2004, 06:49 AM

I got a Tikka T-3 light ble/syn in 300wsm as a early X-mas present last and have found it the best out of the box rifle i have ever had it shoot under 1" at a hundred and has a good trigger and slick bolt. mine was bought for 468.00 but you can get them at wal-mart for 428.00 now if not in stock they can order it for you hope this helps.