Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ? about thompson center encore >

? about thompson center encore

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

? about thompson center encore

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Default ? about thompson center encore

can a t/c encore interchange rifle and muzzleloader barrels on the same frame or are there two different frames that need to be used? i was thinking of buying one sometime and just wasn't sure about this one thing. thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ? about thompson center encore

Same frame but you will need two different forearms.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Encore,especially with the new rimfire barrels,is THE most versatile firearm you will get!!!!!!! All you have to do besides buying new forearm,is mount/sight in a scope for each barrel you own and everything will stay sighted in-EVEN after changing barrels. The main reccomendication I may make is oversize hinge pin to eliminate all play.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:05 PM

The forearms on other barrels can be interchanged, however due to the ramrod hole the muzzleloader takes a different forearm from the others. Nothing else need be changed to use the ML. It even uses the same extractor as the rifles to pull the 209 primers out. Neat!!!

I have 3 frames and I can change barrels from frame to frame with consistent accuracy in all three. When I got my first one, I got a ML and .243 I mounted matching scopes/mounts on both. When I got them sighted in I shot a 3 shot cloverleaf w/.243 then swapped to the .50 cal w/3 pyrodex pellets and a Powerbelt and actually shot the .243 group right out of the paper. It is awesome having all barrels sighted the same, same scopes, etc. It just feels like an old ball glove when you throw it up. It fits, its comfy and whether shotgun, ML or rifle, It is litterally the same gun. I have stuff for handguns too. I can go from ML to handcannon in less than 5 minutes. Sorry, When I get on the subject of Encores I get a little carried away.

Good Luck finding you an Encore, You will Love It!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM

over sized pin voids warranty. Something that sucks butt, but is sometimes needed to get the accuracy. Thats the big downfall.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks everybody. That is a load off my mind. I thought that I was gonna have to buy 2 different actions and that could get pretty expensive.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

CAUTION: T/C ENCORESARE ADDITCING...

This should be marked on all Encore boxes!!!!!!!!!