Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pop can targets >

Pop can targets

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pop can targets

Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Pop can targets

I have a million dollar idea, unless its already happened. I wonder if you could get a company like pepsi, coke-a-cola, miller-light, bud-weiser or what ever beer or pop you prefer, to put little targets on there cans so after your done you can take them out and practice shooting. What do you think!!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Pop can targets

I think that they won't do it. Not very PC. Why would you need a target on a can to shoot it anyway?
Old 07-07-2007, 05:20 PM

I don't think they would go for it since they are trying to get people to recycle aluminum cans. May be too much of a risk of people shooting them up and leaving them lay around.

Besides in states like MI that have a deposit you would not get your deposit back if you messed the can all up. Now if you lived in Ohio it wouldn't matter since it just goes by weight and you really don't get enough to make it worth the effort. Here in Michigan it is 10 cents a can and you pay it up front when you buy the beverage. If you turn them in you get your dime back.

Besides most cans have plenty of small lettering and logo's on them to make pretty decent targets as it is.

This is for sure something I don't think beer companies would get behind because they will not want to look like they are promoting drinking and shooting.

Paul
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roadkillwarrior

I have a million dollar idea, unless its already happened. I wonder if you could get a company like pepsi, coke-a-cola, miller-light, bud-weiser or what ever beer or pop you prefer, to put little targets on there cans so after your done you can take them out and practice shooting. What do you think!!
No.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Ya, that wouldnt be a good step towards recycling would it. You would use them more than once but wouldnt help with the littering problem. I was just shooting some old cans the other day and was trying to pick a spot on the cans to shoot and thought it would be nice if there was an actual target on the can, but I guess there is nothing better than an actual target on a piece of paper.[:-]
Old 07-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I vote to stick with paper targets. There is enough metal in the dirt after shooting. If every state had a bottle and can return law then there would be far less thrown out along the roads and left in the sand pits after target practice.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:55 PM

If you shake them up before shooting them you get a poor mans reactive target.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 1371Marine

If you shake them up before shooting them you get a poor mans reactive target.
Yep, and little pieces of aluminum all over the ground.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 PM

Hmm...drinking abeer and then shooting the can. Something sounds...I dunno, redneck...maybe unsafeabout that
Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

I remember as a kid living in Texas..... Lone Star, the national beer of Texas did have bullseye targets printed on the bottom side of the card board box that held the beer in 24 ct. cases. I dont konw if they still do that but can recall using them for sighting in quite a few rifles when younger. Inthe PC world of today I guess they are stillbio degradeable

On a side note I can remember a few movies where folks target practiced with glass bottles, talk about leaving a mess

Quick Reply: Pop can targets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.