Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 simmons 8 point ? >

simmons 8 point ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

simmons 8 point ?

Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: simmons 8 point ?

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: BowHunterFett

I have the same scope on my .45 T/C Muzzle Loader, I like it, I haven't had any problems yet. I think it works well, very clear and accurate. I have a simmons 3-9X40 on my Savage model 11 in .243, and it works great too.[ I would say they are worth the money if you need a scope until you can buy an expensive on like a Leupold.]
That is the idea. I wanted to hunt coyote and groundhogs this year but I have stretched my budget to far buying this rifle. I thought I would use it for one maybe two years and then buy a high end scope.[/blockquote]
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM

It'll do for you till you can move ahead. The biggest problem I have had with them is cold weather trying to fog a little. Other than that if you are happy and satisfied with it, isn't thatwhat matters the most? They are a decent budget priced scope.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Sold a ton of them when i worked for a gun shop, sturdy little scope, not hardly any defective but simmons has an awesome customer service and is lifetime guarented
Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never had an eight point. I have heard mixed reviews. They come on a lot of combo deals and seam to hold up for a time anyway.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Here is my experience. I bought a Savage combo that had a 3-9 Simmons 8-Point scope on it. I adjusted the first 3-4 shots and the movement was perfect and I was dialed in. Decided I wanted a little more power, so I bought the 4-12 at Walmart. The scope was not as clear, parallax was bad and I never could get it adjusted. Took it off and threw it in the drawer where it remains. I had found a good deal on a Prostaff so I put that on the Savage.

One thing that I noticed. The 3-9 that came on the Savage was not the same as the 4-12 I bought at Walmart. I do not think they were made by the same company. My guess is, they have different people making their scopes OR they have different plants making them or something.

The quality was ABSOLUTELY not the same. I could be totally wrong, but based on what I have seen that is my conclusion.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a New England Arms .243 for my son last year that came with a Simmons 8 pt 3x9x40. I was unable to get it to shoot better than 8". I did not want to spend a bunch of money so I bought a a Tasco World Class 3x9x40 and immediately was able to shoot consistent 2" groups. Each of my sons killed their first deer with that set up. We went to the range two weeks ago and the first shots were 6" high. I made the adjustment and then I was 8" low. I adjusted it again and was all over the paper. I now have a Monarch on the way and will NEVER purchase another cheap scope. I have nothing but Leupold on my others rifles but found the Monarch difficult to pass up at $230 shipped.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:38 PM

I have had my best luck with Bushnell, from 60.00 to 100.00, of course its not a Leupold but never had a bad one
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

standsleeper.

I have a Leupold Vari X 1 that I will sell you for $100.00 + Shipping if you are interested. If not then I think that your Simmons will do verry well for you. I have had a 3X9X40 Pronghorn on one of my 243's for about 5 years now and am still popping Cyotes without a problem.

Let me know and we will work something out.

Best of luck.
hunter338
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was good until it failed. Problem was it failed in the mountains while I was sighting in before a hunt. I had to go to town and pay a lot more than I would have to pay in Denver for a quality Nikon. I would plink with one, but I wouldn't take one on a hunt that meant anything at all to me.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I bought a savage 223 from a friend of mine it had a 8 point 3-9x40 on it. though its seems pretty decent I took it off and put my bushnell 4-12x40 on it. the 8 point aint no aetec but I think it will do fine in replacing the acient 4x32 bisel on my fathers old 30-06. I have never even heard of bisel before. have any of you guys ever heard of bisel scopes??

Quick Reply: simmons 8 point ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.