Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Hunting Season Cancelled?? >

Hunting Season Cancelled??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hunting Season Cancelled??

Old 10-16-2002, 09:10 PM

Default Hunting Season Cancelled??

Over reaction or necessary decision?? News reports indicate the hunting season(s) in the Washington DC surrounding areas have been cancelled. The reasons being given are that people carrying rifles could be mistaken as suspects in the shootings and they could themselves be in some danger. What's with this?? Is this valid?? Personally I don't thinks so. How could a hunter in a hunting area dressed in hunting clothes carrying a hunting rifle probably in the company of other hunters be confused with a sniper in an urban environment?? I wonder what the long term and spin off effects of these Washington area shootings will have on lawful gun ownership and on hunting. The anti-gun loby must be just rubbing their hands together and smacking their collective ****ing lips with this opportunity. gg.

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
Old 10-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Season Cancelled??

Call and write your state and federal congressmen and let them know how you feel about this situation and the possible reprocussions. Encourage your family, friends and neighbors to do the same. That might make them think twice when the wave of anti-gun/hunting legislative initiatives inevitably occurs.

And at least demand a refund of any licensing fees you paid to hunt this year.

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
Muzzleloading- Once you go black, you'll never go back!!
Old 10-16-2002, 11:38 PM

From what i've read, hunting season isn't cancelled, only hunting with a gun (and any other recreational shooting)for the time being. Bowhunting is still allowed.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 10-19-2002, 01:41 PM
bigcountry

Its a crock of crap. The gov. here in MD is anti hunting as it gets. Antigun as it gets. I am sure he is smiling over in Annapolis saying he found a way to get under our skins. Luckily I hunt in Carroll and Dorchester counties, so I wasn't affected. The press is working on the emotions of the people here in MD. I mean this sniper is a evil SOB but in reality he isn't putting a dent in the statistics in the DC area. You still have the same chance of getting killed today as you did last month. But you see morons on TV, hiding behind their cars as getting gas and keeping their children at home. They are hopeless and forever will be sheep and there only opinion is being made by the stupid boobtube. Most people in the DC and Baltimore corridor don't understand guns or hunting. They are so sadly dependent on stores and mainly are corporate robots. And for the few who think of hunting as staying grounded with there natural instincts, this is an allout assult on them by the governor, he just finally has a reason to stop hunting in these counties. So I moved out 90 minutes from work when moving here. If this Kennedy lady gets in office as gov. in a month or so, I am going to find a new state to live. Sometimes money isn't worth it.

Old 10-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Spike

What's the logic behind the cancelled gun season? I for one cannot see. What is gained by this action and who benfits from it most, by's who's authority or what agency is this controlled by. I hope the NRA steps up and takes this matter to the courts. Something is vary wrong when criminals can control the rights of honest people. I only hope some good can come from all this . Respectfully Steve

Old 10-19-2002, 11:38 PM

Hey maybe they will let you hunt the snipper! That would make up for it.

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can see taking action to keep from having to send the cops every time some goofy citizen, or anti-hunter, hears a shot and calls 911-the cops have enough to do already. BUT, the gov. of MD, and the Dem. candidate both, are tickled any time there's something they can do to attack law-abiding gun owners!

Keep yore powder dry!!