Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

worms....

Old 01-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default worms....

how do you fish worms for bass??? last year i got into spinner baits and poopers for bass and loved it...this year i want to try worms....just need info on riggin them up and wut i need to rig the with and wut colors and sizes......and are there any good sites ya kno to help too?? im not a beginner but just wanting to try sumthin new..

thanx
mauser06
Old 01-08-2002, 01:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: worms....

i've caught several of my bigger bass with worms. i like to use worms during mid and late july where the weather in missouri is 95 degrees and 90% humidity. my grandparents pond gets covered with moss so its impossible to get many baits in casue they get bunch of nasty stuff on it. thats when i pull out a texas rig and just eas it through that slimy stuff on the bottom of the pond.. then feel a couple of taps try to rip the head off of teh fish... and usually catch something BIG.

_ _ _ _ _
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 01-08-2002, 08:14 PM

I had lots of success last year with a black 4-inch curly tail powerworm texas riged. I strongly recommend the powerworm. Its easier with a real sensitive rod. I just worked it real slow giving it a little twitch every once in a while. You will feel the fish kind of messin with it but the trick is to wait and make sure he has a deacent hold on it. Then cross his eyeballs.

LIFE IS SHORT, HUNT HARD
Old 01-09-2002, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...so a texas rig should be mmy best shot?? wut colors do you suggest to try on clear days cloudy days clear water and dark not mudy water....the water is dark coz its real deep real fast at one spot..and grassy bottom...thanx

mauser06
Old 01-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2002, 04:50 PM

if u are fishing dark, muddy water.. fish a powerworm for scent and get something that hsa those lil ribs on it, they make more vibration and give fish something to hone in on.. good lucky..

People use duct tape to fix things, god used nails.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
how do you fish worms for bass??? last year i got into spinner baits and poopers for bass and loved it
What is a POOPER ????? I don't know if I would want that in the boat
Try Carolina rigging a small plastic worm or Zoom lizard .

thanx
mauser06
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol tntom..i meant popper...lol...but thats the other thing...will worms work from a shore line? bein i dont have access to a boat....cept maybe once or twice a year??? thanx everyone...

mauser06