Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 How do you rig your worms >

How do you rig your worms

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How do you rig your worms

Old 05-24-2006, 11:32 AM

Default How do you rig your worms

Just picked up a pack of Senkos ( smoke w/ purple & black ) and was curious how to rig em up. They are the 5" variety.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you rig your worms

I've never used them either.I'm sure one of these fellows can help ya. I'm the type of person if it works don't fix it. My top bass killers tha twaork are..

Texas rig worms,
Spinners,
Top water
crank baits.
That's it.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:24 PM
G5

you can fish them a couple different ways

1. weightless- simply a texas rig without the weight. this gives a slow horizontal fall, and offset hook is best

2. texas rig- yep texas rig but use a straight shank hook

3. Wacky style- hookin the middle of the bait exposing the hook up. leaving both ends of the bait to dangle

hope this helps a little, senkos are a good way to catch fish
Old 05-24-2006, 01:33 PM

2. texas rig- yep texas rig but use a straight shank hook
So your actually setting the hook once its swallowed ? I've been a spinner & rooster tail guy up until this year. First time using plastics. Caught the hell out of smallies on Moday with 5" power tubes. Heard good things about senkos, so figured I'd give em a try. Pd $6 for the bag.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.weightless
2. texas rig
3. Wacky style

those are the best ways i have ever tried them
Old 05-24-2006, 01:47 PM
G5

i do set the hook but it is very settle, just a little flip of the wrist. You really dont need to set them as dramatic as you see on t.v. The more you fish with them the better you will know when and when not to set the hook.

Good luck
Old 05-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

1.weightless
2. texas rig
3. Wacky style

those are the best ways i have ever tried them
same here, they are deadly, and according to gary yamamoto, you can't fish it wrong as long as you fish it slow (fwiw)
Old 05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always wacky rig senkos. When I'm pitching or flipping worms into cover where a texas rig is required, I find senkos to be too soft and fragile. I use a red circle hook and a rubber o ring around the center.

I use a circle hook so all I have to do is reel down on the fish instead of setting the hook.
The O ring around the worm is so I can catch more than one fish off each senko.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 PM

They aren't much of a bait for Texas riggin (talkin about Senkos)unless you're in really clear water because they don't put off any vibration (unless you put a rattle tube in them or use a rattlin weight). Unweighted is how I use them, and they are DEADLY in the spring but really I am more prone to use "flukes" then than a true senko. Like Josh said, the true "senko style" way is to put an O-ring (rubber or steel) around the middle of the bait and then hook the hook under the O-ring instead of riggin it into the bait. Here again it's a visual bait, but if they are in clear water or if you're in shallow water and they can see the wake it makes ontop or just under the water... HOLD ON!!!

Anyother worms I typically fish them Texas rigged and fish "meatier plastics" Carolina style. The crucial part (besides the braid line so you can feel em "think" about hittin it) is SHARP hooks. I mean so sharp you are afraid to touch them. Once I stick a fish I rarely loose them, it's all about SHARP hooks!

Did I mention SHARP hooks???
RA

Old 05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey allison could you post some pics on how to rig the senko with the rubber band I am lost as to how to do it

Quick Reply: How do you rig your worms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.