Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 05-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

A woman.....at a gun counter? 1st mistake!
My wife can't talk guns like a lot of us can, but I bet she's a better shot than many of the guys on this board, including you. Don't take this as a personal shot, I'm mearly stating the fact that she is an outstanding shot. She knows her way around all of the guns I own, and has one of her own (which doesn't include my 10/22 which she's officially claimed as hers too! ).

I think that you're kidding, and if you're married for your sake, I HOPE you are! I know my wife makes me pay for comments like that, sometimes months in the future. How they remember that kind of stuff, I'll never know!

Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: wnogood

A woman.....at a gun counter? 1st mistake!
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of sexist attitude is that? I thought that we were out of the early 1900's!!! When anyone buys a gun they have to fill out Form 4473. Question 12 F ask, "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?" What do you answer???
Old 05-10-2004, 09:43 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I knew this was gonna get ugly.

Hey Ruger-Redhawk, I'll bring the pop corn and lawnchairs, you furnish the beer, and we'll sit here and watch.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Same gun, same manufacture, same warrenty. Only difference is about 100 bucks. If you want to pay more so a local gun shop can have the cash, go for it. If you want to save cash, go to wal mart.

If the local dealers around here want to make any cash, they need to lose the sanctimony and quite talking down on future customers. We have a problem with local dealers. I try my hardest to buy from anyone but local dealers. When I go to get a gun, I know exactly what I want, I dont need a know it all telling me what I need. Or trying to talk down to me because I dont want every wistle he has to offer. I have bought many guns from walmart, never a problem with service or gun. I order all my reloading stuff from the internet or catalogs.

My experience, not all. My brother has a local gun dealer who is excellent.

I have a little story that came to mind. My wonderful wife had been grilling me on what would be my next gun if I had my choice. She gave me a price range (she was grilling me so she could surprise me with a new gun). I told her I really want a new vanguard synthetic in 300 wby. I wanted the synthetic because of how hard I am on wood stocks. I aslo wanted the synthetic, because I like them. My wife went to the local gun shops. Not only were they 200 dollars more than wal mart, but also they would not let my wife buy what she wanted. They keep telling her that I would want the laminated stock or Kevlar stock or the delux wood stock and a stainless barrel.. Neither am I interested in, I wanted a plain Jane synthetic blued gun. She ran into this at every local shop. I guess they were trying to take advantage of my wife. She eventually took one of my friends with her, and the same thing happened. My friend told these local shops they are going to gladly pay wal mart for the gun I wanted, not what they thought I wanted. I have ran into the same problem myself. I bought a rem 700 for a gift for a family member. The local shops snubed me because I wanted the adl rather than the bdl. I was not buying the gun for me, but for someone else who new what they wanted. I eventually ordered one on line. For all I care, the local dealers around here need to go under. Ohhh and dont think of servicing a warrenty through them. If they are not saleing it, they dont want to deal with it. If they have already sold it to you, they are done with you. When I buy a gun, I know exactly what I want. I go with the intent of wrighting a check and taking home/ordering the gun. I dont like the guys talking down on what I want and or could afford.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy this one is sliding downhill fast.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Danny45

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I knew this was gonna get ugly.

Hey Ruger-Redhawk, I'll bring the pop corn and lawnchairs, you furnish the beer, and we'll sit here and watch.

Danny looks like I got back a little late.I have the beer icing down.Haven't seen a good blowout in awhile.Funny wnogood hasn't made any replies since his sexist comment. Tupelo will hold her own. I'll put my money on that little gal.Let's let the fun begin.LOL.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-11-2004, 06:15 PM

The web site that doe put up was very interesting. I choose to buy my firearms at my local gun dealer, he is fairly priced and is sometimes cheaper that wm, he carries used firearms too. He will put something aside for me on my word so i can come back for it latter without loosing it. It is a place to talk, exchange ideas, and meet new people with similar interests. They usually have what i want and if not will get in a day or two. He takes trades and offers input when asked but will always sell me what i want, it is a place of service and information.
Buy american, the job you save may be your own.
I stoped buying levis jeans because all they are is importers now. I switched Diamond cut jeans out of texas, made in the usa, stores like wall mart are ruining the economy, as well as putting small stores out of buisiness as well as other bigger ones. I vote with my dollars.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Hey driftrider,

In your reply to my post, I went back and read my post and I didn't say anything about , a woman behind the counter.

I'm out of this from here on, this is going to get nasty. Think somebody needs to say , Uncle.

dog1
Old 05-11-2004, 08:51 PM

Tupelo will hold her own. I'll put my money on that little gal.Let's let the fun begin.LOL.
LOL I'm not betting against her!!!! But it's starting to look like a no show from her opponent. Shame too, this one could have been one for the books!!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife went to the local gun shops. Not only were they 200 dollars more than wal mart, but also they would not let my wife buy what she wanted. They keep telling her that I would want the laminated stock or Kevlar stock or the delux wood stock and a stainless barrel..
Boy do I hear you on this one.

True story. I set out to order a Tikka T3 about 3 weeks ago. Went to a local gun shop first. Walked in and told the guy behind the counter what I wanted him to get me. So help me God the first words out of his mouth were, "Awww, you don't want one of those." Then he turns and heads for the large gun rack on the wall behind him and comes back carrying a Steyr Pro Hunter. Very nice rifle but at least 200 dollars more than the Tikka and most importantly NOT WHAT I WANTED!!!!! Its moments like that make me understand why people sometimes run amuck in crowded stores with AK 47's. So after again telling him what I wanted he goes into a long winded rant about how Tikkas suck and their stocks are bulky and how when hes gotten one for people in the past they wound up not liking it. Then he leaves and comes back with a Weatherby Vanguard. Again a nice rifle for the money and inexpensive to boot but simply NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!!!! By now that little muscle in the corner of my eye is starting to twitch and I am starting to hear the faint echo of laughter and rapid sustained gunfire in my head so I figured I had better leave before things got ugly.

Long story short, found out from a buddy that Wal-Mart will order guns for you. Went in to Wal-Mart, ordered my gun, and heard nothing but, "Yes sir" "Here's when and how to pick up your gun sir" "Thank you for shopping with us today sir" Got the gun I wanted for 458 bucks and no hassle.

For those of you that have a good gun dealer near you, make a point to occasional include that in your list of things to be thankful for. Maybe even have your wife bake him a nice pie from time to time. Because its been my experience that they are few and far between.

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.