HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal Mart?
Thread: Wal Mart?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

My wife went to the local gun shops. Not only were they 200 dollars more than wal mart, but also they would not let my wife buy what she wanted. They keep telling her that I would want the laminated stock or Kevlar stock or the delux wood stock and a stainless barrel..
Boy do I hear you on this one.

True story. I set out to order a Tikka T3 about 3 weeks ago. Went to a local gun shop first. Walked in and told the guy behind the counter what I wanted him to get me. So help me God the first words out of his mouth were, "Awww, you don't want one of those." Then he turns and heads for the large gun rack on the wall behind him and comes back carrying a Steyr Pro Hunter. Very nice rifle but at least 200 dollars more than the Tikka and most importantly NOT WHAT I WANTED!!!!! Its moments like that make me understand why people sometimes run amuck in crowded stores with AK 47's. So after again telling him what I wanted he goes into a long winded rant about how Tikkas suck and their stocks are bulky and how when hes gotten one for people in the past they wound up not liking it. Then he leaves and comes back with a Weatherby Vanguard. Again a nice rifle for the money and inexpensive to boot but simply NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!!!! By now that little muscle in the corner of my eye is starting to twitch and I am starting to hear the faint echo of laughter and rapid sustained gunfire in my head so I figured I had better leave before things got ugly.

Long story short, found out from a buddy that Wal-Mart will order guns for you. Went in to Wal-Mart, ordered my gun, and heard nothing but, "Yes sir" "Here's when and how to pick up your gun sir" "Thank you for shopping with us today sir" Got the gun I wanted for 458 bucks and no hassle.

For those of you that have a good gun dealer near you, make a point to occasional include that in your list of things to be thankful for. Maybe even have your wife bake him a nice pie from time to time. Because its been my experience that they are few and far between.