Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 05-03-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Wal Mart?

Wal Mart can order me a Tikka T3 in 300 wsm for 480$ is this a good price?
Is there anything wrong with Wal Mart Guns?
How much should I expect to pay at a gun shop?
Old 05-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wal Mart?

Blue5,

Any reason why your not going to a local shop?
Yes, you may pay more, but at-least your money stays local.
You'll get better service and advise.
Also, they may have something used.

- skunkie
Old 05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

They every once in awhile have good deals on rifles. I hate what they are doing to the small gun stores and I buy 99.9% of my stuff at small gun stores and occasionally buy shotgun shells on sale at Walmart. I have purchased a grand total of 1 rifle from Walmart and won't be doing that ever again, it was late at night and they retrieved the rifle from the back room and I was in a rush to get home..they handed me the wrong rifle and I didn't pay any attention to that fact, signed everything and ran out. When I got home and found out what was in the box I immediately called them and they told me to rush back to the store and go to the customer service counter which I did. When I went to the Customer Service desk the girl said something to the effect "Oh my god its a gun" and looked like she was about to faint. I don't need to deal with people or stores like that.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I buy guns at Walmart from time to time. There is nothing wrong with thier guns as they get them from the same distributors as other gun stores. I do buy most of my Guns from Scheels All Sports but they are not a little guy in the trade either. There is a small gun store about 100 miles south of where I live. Thet have a good gunsmith and he has a good stock and pretty good prices. I am starting to check there first anymore. The workers at Walmart here in North Dakota are not a bit squemish about guns as everyone here hunts and every house has more that a few guns.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

When I went to the Customer Service desk the girl said something to the effect "Oh my god its a gun" and looked like she was about to faint. I don't need to deal with people or stores like that.
I'll go along with you there OEH.It's a wonder she didn't call the law on you for attempted robbery.LOL.

The guns that Wal*mart stocks are usually fairly decently priced.The ones they special order for you aren't any bargain.I've looked in their catalog a time or two. The prices are either MSRP or very close to retail. You are much better off dealing with a local gun shop. You might pay a little more but you'll get much better service then you will at Wally World.I've bought some guns on the web.I've saved a few bucks but you can't physically look the gun over.It's buyer beware.Support your local gun dealer,you'll both be glad you did.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Typical Buck

I've yet to buy a gun from wallyworld and don't see myself changing. I'd much rather spend my money and help out the little guy at small gunshop and get professional knowledge and service.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll buy a gun to hunt with wherever the price is cheapest, without a second thought. I already know what I want before I go, and I don't need any advice or other service. If anything ever goes wrong I either deal with the MFR of fix it myself. I would not buy a higher end gun there though.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I buy my guns from gun shops but I would buy one from wal mart.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have bought guns at wal-mart. I see nothing wrong with it. The local shops around here are sometimes very arrogant and usually have the exact same thing as wal-mart for $125 to $200 more. FOR THE SAME GUN.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 PM

LOL, "little guy", lol, heck they drive better trucks and live in better homes than most of us do. so who's the little guy? Shucks, I'm the little guy....lol

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.