Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remington and Savage Accuracy >

Remington and Savage Accuracy

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington and Savage Accuracy

Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington and Savage Accuracy

ORIGINAL: Uncle Mike

Ok guys... Lets hear how accurate, and PLEASE be honest, are your factory, non modified,Remington CDL's, XCR's ect... and the Savage 114's and 116's you love soooo much.
Remember, to include loads and yardages. And PLEASE, let us NOT turn this into a chevy vs. ford vs. dodge type of debate!
As we all know, or should know, most if not all of these fine factory firearms are accurate enough right out of the box.

Let the fun begin!
You can't weigh all factors into which brands is more accurate. You need add in consideration each individual gunwill shoot different along with each person behind the trigger. The difference between hitting a pie plate versus dime at 100yds.
I only have Remingtons so I can not answer your question> I can only add to your question.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM

New here but love the forum. I usually hang out at AR15 but recently purchased a Remmy 700 SPS Tactical and it shot .75 right out of the box. No problem with that.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Bought a new Savage 116 in .270 with accutrigger and the new accustock. Also have a Remington 700 ADL in .270, and a Tikka T3 light stainless in .270. I haven't shot the Savage yet..itching to get out to the range. The new Savage looks good to me so far....better stock, overall look, and an awesome recoil pad.

Will report back on findings...hopefully soon......can I compare all three or just the Remmy?[8D]