Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 My Experience with Beretta Customer Service >

My Experience with Beretta Customer Service

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

My Experience with Beretta Customer Service

Old 05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Spike

Default My Experience with Beretta Customer Service

I have a Sako 85 Stainless Synthetic in .25-06. I love the gun...truly an engineering marvel in every sense (except one). I'd only had it for a few weeks before I decided that the cheap plastic stock just had to go. It's so mismatched witha rifle of this quality. I called Beretta (America's sole importer of Sako rifles), thinking that I wouldorder a wood stock from either the 85 Hunter or 85 Grey Wolf series.

I got a gentlemen on the phone who could not seem to figure out how toorder a stock for me. Not a problem though, as he took my name and number and promised to call mebacklater that day. I never heard from him. In the week that followed,I opened a customer account on theBerettawebsite, and posted my inquiry in the hopesof getting some help. As of 2 months later, it's still not been answered -- status still shows pending.

About two weeks ago, I called back and talked with another fellow for about 20 minutes. I was informed that stocks -- and all parts for that matter -- were not yet available for theSako 85 rifles. I was dumbfounded. You mean, I can not get ANY part for this rifle? They've been on the market for over a year!What if I had broken my stock, orlost an action screw or something. Apparently, I'd be out of luck.

I just didn't find this to beacceptable.From my perspective, if you're going to sell the rifle (at $1400 mind you), you'd darn well better have a supply of parts available.Beretta didn't even offer to contact Sako on my behalf, as Sako clearly has stocks for these rifles. I asked him (politely) to transfer me to the Customer ServiceDirector, because I wanted Beretta to know that one of their customers foundthis tobe an unacceptablesituation. I got the guy's voicemail, andI asked him (very politely) to return my phone call when he had time. I never heard from him. This was the Director of Customer Service for Beretta who would not return my call.

Aside from the issue with getting parts, which has now become a secondary issue to me compared to being ignored by the company,I'm of the opinion that Beretta's Customer Service Department is a dysfunctional organization. Unanswered emails, unreturned phone calls,and an overall apatheticviewpointtoward a customer who spent $1400 on a top-end rifle. I will never, EVER buy a Beretta gun because of the way this company has treated me. Just wanted to share, as I've heard that others have had problems withBeretta Customer Service.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Experience with Beretta Customer Service

I've heard a lot of bad things about Beretta, they seem to give people th runaround when it comes to long guns made outside of the United States.

FWIW, I had one dealing with them 5 years or so ago ordering a hammer spring for a 96D pistol. It was quick, ,cheap, easy, and they shipped it fast.