Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 how good are savage rifles? >

how good are savage rifles?

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

how good are savage rifles?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:46 AM

Default RE: how good are savage rifles?

I have a Savage Model 110 in .243 Win and love it. Very accurate. I just picked up a Savage 116 in .300 Win Mag - have not shot it yet but expect to get good results toped with a Nikon 3x9 -
Old 10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Spike

I just picked up a 116FCSS and I can't be happier. Very smooth action and the AccuTrigger is fantastic. I made a couple adjustments on the trigger and it's nice and crisp! I ended up with a 30-06 and couldn't be happier. I'm not an expert when it comes to firearms but this is a great gun for the price!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 116fhss in 30.06 and am very pleased with it. I must be an odd man, for I like the way it looks. I've not had any issues with it and it is very accurate. When I purchase my next rifle it will be another savage. I think the fact my next rifle will be a savage and several others on here have multiple savage says alot about them. It is a great gun for the money...
Old 11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Spike

Savage rifles: Looks bad - shoots good. Want to impress your friend when you pull it out of the case -not likely. Want to impress them at the range - very likely.

AccuTrigger: Targets or prarie dogs -great! Hunting and potentially shooting at moving targets with gloves on - Terrible! I own one, and I'm converting over to a Rifle Basix or Timney trigger on mine.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

AccuTrigger: Targets or prarie dogs - great! Hunting and potentially shooting at moving targets with gloves on - Terrible! I own one, and I'm converting over to a Rifle Basix or Timney trigger on mine.
Then don't turn the trigger pull weight all the way down on your hunting rifle. I love both my Accu-Trigger equipped rifles, and both are hunting rifles.

As far as "potentially shooting at moving targets...", well, I know a lot of people do it, and I think you can guess what I think about those who do. [:@]

Mike

Old 11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I am a big Ruger fan but for the dollar the Savage rifles are hard to beat affordable and extremely accurate chad
Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Spike

Go to any serious rifle forum and you will see most guys are shooting savage. IMO they are the best rifle on the market today as far as accuracy, value and reliability goes. Sure some others may look nicer but they will not function better in any way shape or form and most likely will cost much more.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'm looking at buying a savage rifle, specificly a weater warrior. Has anyone shot this rifle or any of the newer savage rifles?
I am building up a Savage model 110 in gunsmithing school in 308 caliber.
I rebarreled it from 243 to 308.
They are so easy to headspace.

I will be doing a laminated stock for it in the spring.
I kept the barrel I took off and, reblued it and kept the stock.
I plan to keep the old stock its a 243 caliber.
then all I have to do is pop off the 308 barrel and put the 243 barrel back on
reheadspace it and I have a 243 again.

I love it.