Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount >

B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount

Old 02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount

I had a post here about a year ago,and I can't find it now,asking for opinions on the B-Square Universal Cantiliver Shotgun Rib Scope Mount and recieved some favorable recomendations,so I recently got one.It mounts solidly and is easy to install.With This,any ribed shotgun barrel can be turned into a cantiliver smoothbore.I mounted a 30mm red dot sight on it,sighted it in using Brenneke slugs and now that I finally got the lead cleaned out am paterning for Turkeys.The only drawback is if you want to mount a scope with larger than a 20mm oblective,you will need high rings.
Sofar it seem like it will hold up real well and is well made.

Redneck Bill
Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bill

I had a post here about a year ago,and I can't find it now,asking for opinions on the B-Square Universal Cantiliver Shotgun Rib Scope Mount and recieved some favorable recomendations,so I recently got one.It mounts solidly and is easy to install.With This,any ribed shotgun barrel can be turned into a cantiliver smoothbore.I mounted a 30mm red dot sight on it,sighted it in using Brenneke slugs and now that I finally got the lead cleaned out am paterning for Turkeys.The only drawback is if you want to mount a scope with larger than a 20mm oblective,you will need high rings.

Redneck Bill
Are the Brenneke slugs sabots?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: B-Square Universal Shotgun Rib Scope Mount

sjsfire
No they are not sabots.I use the KO's and am shooting three shot cloverleafs at fifty yards.I started using them when they were loaded by Kent cartridge and they shot great using an imp cylinder choke tube.Last year I bought several boxes and they didn't shoot worth a damn.Then I noticed they were now loaded by Rotweil.I started testing with different choke tubes,A cylinder tube,and an extended rifled tube,neither improved their performance.I then tried a short rifled tube and they shot into one hole groups at 50 yards.I have a cantilever 20" smothbore barrel for deer hunting,but it doesn't patern most turkey loads well and it only has a three inch chamber,I like to use 3 1/2 shells for turkeys so thats why I got this B-Square mount for my 23" Turkey Barrel.I'm now experimenting with a .665 straight rifled extended tube from Remington.That universal cantilever mount can give you both a good deer and turkey barrel if you can find the right ammunition.The Brenneke KO's are cheap.

Bill
Old 12-23-2020, 03:21 AM
Spike

Default Dealers?

Originally Posted by Redneck Bill

Redneck Bill
Hi Bill,
I am reading this many years after you posted it but was wondering if you knew where I could purchase one of those B-Square cantilever rib vent mounts you spoke about above?
Thanks!
Dan