Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Taurus 1911: what a dissappointment.... >

Taurus 1911: what a dissappointment....

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus 1911: what a dissappointment....

Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Taurus 1911: what a dissappointment....

I can't wait till I'm 21 and can buy pistols... I love buying rifles and such but I only own 3 pisols and I need more haha...
-Jake
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive shot the Taurus 1911 and was very impressed. Very low recoil and a great gun for the cost. Im not a big automatic fan but the Taurus is an excellent hand gun all around.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered a taurus pt1911 just so I would know 1st hand about their quality. The ONLY changes I had to make,and that was personal preference,was changing sights to adjustable bo-mar,fine tuning trigger for less pull weight,extended slide release,along with some basie slide/frame/barrel link/lug fitting and adjusting. This pistol has ate EVERYTHING I've fed it as to ammo. The reason I made changes is personal as I'm a gunsmith,having built many 1911s in past. It shot very good out of box. Honestly,I couldn't build 1 containing all the "loaded" features for the same amount of money and I TOTALLY reccomend these pistols based on what I've seen-both mine,and customers. They make GREAT base pistol for custom 1911 too.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not knocking the Springfield, but with a name like "Springfield Armory," one might expect a good old USA product!
However, South America and Brazil are not states! Niether is Turkey! Where many of the Springfields are really made!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having shot a couple more,in addition to shooting several hundred rounds thru mine today,Have not seen the 1st malfunction OF ANY KIND! And YES,I tried EVERY kind/brand/type/bullet weight/configuration thru mine. It's an excellent pistol for the money.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM

About 4 weeks ago, I bought a Taurus PT 1911. It has the Rosewood grips and the gold inlay on it. So far, I've ran over 400 rounds through it with ZERO jams. I've even ran 50 hollow-points through it, half of them being golden-saber hollow points, and I had no problems. I picked it up for just a hair over $600. My only complaint about the gun is its full-length guide rod.......which isn't much of a complaint. The full length guide rod isn't a big deal for me. This gun shoots just as well if not a little better than my old Colt 1911. As a matter of fact, yesterday I pegged a raccoon at around 75 yards with a fair bit of ease. I highly recommend this gun. With all the features it comes with, its accuracy, and the quality of construction, its hard to go wrong here. I intend to be carrying/shooting this gun for quite a while.

~ttobald

--------
"Contradictions do not exist. When you come upon one, check your premises. You will find one of them is wrong." ~Ayn Rand
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 AM

Well, my only complaint is no longer an issue for me. I recently dropped in a half-length guide rod and a new spring cap. I then ran another 100 rounds through it, and it still hasn't jammed.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Spike

Default Choke on a bag of dicks you dumb ****

I went out of my way to create an account I am sure will be banned. To the origional poster: Your a stupid ******!!!! Instead of constructive criticism on a newly released pistol you take the ****head aproach and bash a gun you didn't buy and didn't shoot. Your a piece of **** and you can shove your Kimber up your ****** ass. I only hope you read this post before it's deleated you ****ing dip****!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have spent 2x that and gone with a Les Baer and DEFINITELY get a NICE one.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

I spent twice that much and got a para ordnance 1911. 6 inch match barrel and double stack mag. And will lay the bullets right where you want them all day long. Even with cheap bulk ammo. Absolutely love that gun. My next 1911 will also be a para.

Quick Reply: Taurus 1911: what a dissappointment....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.