Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Whats wrong with people? >

Whats wrong with people?

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Whats wrong with people?

Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

You all are very wonderful people and I appreciate that you took the time to respond, That means alot to me. I am blessed to have friends like you! Thanks all. God Bless Jimmy
Old 02-25-2005, 12:37 AM

Honestly I cant say as though i know what you are going through, but what i do know is all your friends or old friends were douche-bags! I have you back man and anytime you need somebody to talk to you can call or whatever. My family is the same way with my grandfather... my grandmother passed away about a year ago and nobody even visits him anymore. I spent the WHOLE summer fishing and shooting the bull and im a better young man for it. These people dont know what they are missing. E-Mail me if you wanna talk [email protected] id love to hear about your life you have been through much more than I!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1dahunter

I make friends, meet new people and they ask about my disabilitys so I tell them that my biggest disability is my heart that I have had 15 heart attacks, a quintuple bypass and my last heart attack the doctors tell me that there is nothing more that they can do and soon the new friends and others quit coming around and I never hear from them. I cant even get some one to go hunting or fishing with me, is it because they are afraid that I might have a heart attack and die? I mean so what if its my time and the good lord calls me home what the hell does that matter? I would love to have friends that I can hunt and fish with and do things with and have a great time with whats left of my life but because of my heart I am not allowed that part of life and it sucks. I do understand its very hard to see someone die and then to live with the feeling that maybe they could of done something to help but as it is now My life is practically nonexistant as I stay home with no where to go and no one to visit or do things with. I could under stand if I had a contagious disease that is fatal but I dont have anything any one can catch. I am grateful that I have all of you on this forum at least I have friends here that I can visit with and share storys, ask questions and what ever. I love you all and thanks for being my friend, God Bless Jimmy

that does suck, you know you said it yourself they are affraid that you would have a heart attack during an outing. I'm 24 years old and disabled but my illness isnt terminal, I can get better atleast thats what they tell me. With the right medication and time and the couselling I recieve my doctors feel very positive that I will get better in do time. Anyway my bestfriend and hunting companion is also disabled hes 64 years old and has had many heart attacks and open heart surgery atleast 2 times that i know of. I dont let that stop me from going hunting with him, if i dont go with him he would go anyway lol , If he were to have a heart attack while hunting id rather be with him to be there to help, if he were to die atleast i was there doing everything in my power to help, I rather that be the case then one day find out he was hunting alone and had a heart attack and noone was around to help, with that thought I couldnt live with that. So when ever he calls me up to go hunting you bet your butt im there not only for the hunt but to be his true friend especially if he did need help hes always been there for me so i feel its my duty to always be there for him. with the limited time left of my friends life, I want to spend asmany great days hunting as possible with him, so when the inevitable day comes I can look back at all the great memories we shared.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:28 AM

Highdesertwolf you are one of a few. my hat is off to you friend. your friend has indeed a best friend and I really hope he knows how special you really are. If your friend is like me if I'm gonna die I'd rather it be while I'm out doing what I love with my best friend. I would be honored if you consider joining my group which is dedicated to disabled and handicapped outdoors persons. http://groups.msn.com/thedisabledlife check it out. Thanks so much Jimmy
Old 03-14-2005, 03:54 PM

Well jim if your like me you give up and that worry's people they do not want to do CPR
but me I dont care if it happen it happen. I passed doing what I loved doing Hunting next to bein with my Wife children and grandchildren. Give ..... and enjoy life. I am..
Old 03-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Hey Bowhunter
I just aint gonna give up I go hunting and shooting by myself most times and your right I know that most people dont want to give cpr and thats ok with me they dont have to as far as Im concerned if its my time then Im gonna go anyway. Im not gonna sit in my rocker and wait for the grim reaper he will have to catch me. Check out my site and join if you like, Thanks Jimmy
http://groups.msn.com/thedisabledlife
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM

You ever make it to Colorado look me up hell I will hunt fish camp shine deer whatever with ya. I hunt 2nd season unit 12
Old 03-22-2005, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mixerdriverm

You ever make it to Colorado look me up hell I will hunt fish camp shine deer whatever with ya. I hunt 2nd season unit 12
Thanks so much just knowing that there are people out there that do care and will spend time with you. You can bet If I ever get a chance to make it there I will let you know Thanks again! Jimmy
Forgot to mention thats one hell of a rack! Congrats!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM

Jimmy, I feel your anguish.
My injury was nearly six years ago and I had to learn people all over. In life alone there are people that look at you or treat you different. If I still lived in Connecticut I don't think I would hunt at all (besides that there might not be hunting land there at all soon[:@]) Atleast here in the sticks of Missouri people are not so bad, yes there are a few that look at you funny or maybe say, "you hunt?" or "you can't handle that". IMHO those the ones that are on the power trip of killing wildlife. The outdoorsman are the ones that reach out and say let's go and help you or challenge you positively. Like one hunting buddy that owns a piece of land next to me, he passed down to me my first BP gun and said you can and start here and my other friend that has helped me with more than just hunting. it helps that our wives hit it off well too.
Anyway I digress, I will take the one or two in maybe thousands overall that are willing to reach out and help. It makes it easier to take the higher percentage of ones the look down their noses at you. Let's talk when I get that trophy

Andy

Hunt Smart, Hunt Safe!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: onearmblkpwdr

Jimmy, I feel your anguish.
My injury was nearly six years ago and I had to learn people all over. In life alone there are people that look at you or treat you different. If I still lived in Connecticut I don't think I would hunt at all (besides that there might not be hunting land there at all soon[:@]) Atleast here in the sticks of Missouri people are not so bad, yes there are a few that look at you funny or maybe say, "you hunt?" or "you can't handle that". IMHO those the ones that are on the power trip of killing wildlife. The outdoorsman are the ones that reach out and say let's go and help you or challenge you positively. Like one hunting buddy that owns a piece of land next to me, he passed down to me my first BP gun and said you can and start here and my other friend that has helped me with more than just hunting. it helps that our wives hit it off well too.
Anyway I digress, I will take the one or two in maybe thousands overall that are willing to reach out and help. It makes it easier to take the higher percentage of ones the look down their noses at you. Let's talk when I get that trophy

Andy

Hunt Smart, Hunt Safe!
You got that trophy yet? You are right there is probably only one or two in a thousand and I thank God for them. I have one here that is super he takes me out and sets me up then he goes and does a drive towards me and its because of him that I have been successful in my deer hunting. I only have public land to hunt and if it wasnt for him Id never see any deer. I havent been so fortunate in my squirrel or coon hunting as I cant keep up with the dogs LOL. I am going to try and do some coyote hunting and see if I can call any in to me but first I gotta find public land with coyotes near. Andy it was great to hear from you. Jimmy

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.