HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

ORIGINAL: 1dahunter

I make friends, meet new people and they ask about my disabilitys so I tell them that my biggest disability is my heart that I have had 15 heart attacks, a quintuple bypass and my last heart attack the doctors tell me that there is nothing more that they can do and soon the new friends and others quit coming around and I never hear from them. I cant even get some one to go hunting or fishing with me, is it because they are afraid that I might have a heart attack and die? I mean so what if its my time and the good lord calls me home what the hell does that matter? I would love to have friends that I can hunt and fish with and do things with and have a great time with whats left of my life but because of my heart I am not allowed that part of life and it sucks. I do understand its very hard to see someone die and then to live with the feeling that maybe they could of done something to help but as it is now My life is practically nonexistant as I stay home with no where to go and no one to visit or do things with. I could under stand if I had a contagious disease that is fatal but I dont have anything any one can catch. I am grateful that I have all of you on this forum at least I have friends here that I can visit with and share storys, ask questions and what ever. I love you all and thanks for being my friend, God Bless Jimmy

that does suck, you know you said it yourself they are affraid that you would have a heart attack during an outing. I'm 24 years old and disabled but my illness isnt terminal, I can get better atleast thats what they tell me. With the right medication and time and the couselling I recieve my doctors feel very positive that I will get better in do time. Anyway my bestfriend and hunting companion is also disabled hes 64 years old and has had many heart attacks and open heart surgery atleast 2 times that i know of. I dont let that stop me from going hunting with him, if i dont go with him he would go anyway lol , If he were to have a heart attack while hunting id rather be with him to be there to help, if he were to die atleast i was there doing everything in my power to help, I rather that be the case then one day find out he was hunting alone and had a heart attack and noone was around to help, with that thought I couldnt live with that. So when ever he calls me up to go hunting you bet your butt im there not only for the hunt but to be his true friend especially if he did need help hes always been there for me so i feel its my duty to always be there for him. with the limited time left of my friends life, I want to spend asmany great days hunting as possible with him, so when the inevitable day comes I can look back at all the great memories we shared.