Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Whats wrong with people? >

Whats wrong with people?

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Whats wrong with people?

Old 11-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

Hey Locksley thats exactly what happened to me as soon as the back pay was gone so was my wife! I now have a great woman and we have been marriied for 7 years and she is a God send. I honestly dont know where Id be with out her, she has even taken up hunting just so I dont have to go alone that is as long as shes off of work. Until I met her I couldnt even afford to pay rent, I was living with my daughter her husband and 4 kids now talk about humiliating. I sincerely appreciate what my daughter did for me but it was such a blow to the ego. Well anyway I still hunt alone most of the time due to the fact the wife has to work and to have a friend to go with would be a blessing and there are so many folks right here on this forum that would go in a heart beat but unfortunately I dont live any where near them. As my son would say "oh well such is life". Jimmy
Old 11-08-2005, 04:58 PM

I hope you find that hunting buddy soon and I am glad you found someone to be there for you . God bless you.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Mite

Hey Jimmy,
You don't need friends like that. I have a few friends who know my disease as I have been open with them. Others I don't associate with. They are cowardly. You get heart attacks, I get strokes. So, yeah I know what you are talking about. People don't want to associate with me when I'm on steriods as it swells my face. It doesn't really bother me, I just do my stuff and leave.
Mite I'm like you mind is strokes to,I have had 3 and I have to walk with a cane because of them and a bad back I hurt on the job as a Deputy Sheriff,but people I use to hunt with don't even come around me anymore,like I have Aids or something. But I still hunt out of a blind by myself,sometime my son will go but his wife just had a baby and is going thru some bad times right now.It's good just toget it out in the open.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:08 PM

Jimmy,

Life is short, in my opinion I only have time for the things that are most important to me. Family, true friends and elk hunting. This year, I trimmed the fat. I cut loose my casual friends and pulled my true friends even closer. You should do the same. If you are ever in CO and need an archery elk partner, let me know. We share a passion and would get along just fine. Plus, if I was to go. Being in the wilderness would be my place of choice. Best wishes.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:20 AM

Hey Jimmy
People don't realize what they are missing when they steer away from those with handicaps. Their loss. I live in Sheridan, WY and would love for you to come out sometime. I'd be glad to take you Deer, Antelope, Elk or Turkey hunting with bow or rifle. Please know that you'd be welcomed and we could also bring along another handicapped hunter that I am friends with. She can draw a 50# bow with the best of them and she doesn't let her wheelchair stop her from setting up on wallows that are a quarter mile off the road. God Bless You! Happy Thanksgiving!
Elk Buster
Old 11-24-2005, 06:41 PM

Jimmy if you are still with us I know your pain. If you can get out and hunt GO, so what if you are alone. Most of us diabled people have more free time so I use all mine for scouting and seeking permission to hunt. I have a line of friends who will hunt with me because they know I know where the deer or birds are. Most of my scouting is done from a vehicle with binoculars. I have seen every sunrise and sunset since season opend in Sept. and I have been doing this for 15 years now. Good luck I hope your heart will allow you to get out and hunt more.