HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM
onearmblkpwdr

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

Jimmy, I feel your anguish.
My injury was nearly six years ago and I had to learn people all over. In life alone there are people that look at you or treat you different. If I still lived in Connecticut I don't think I would hunt at all (besides that there might not be hunting land there at all soon[:@]) Atleast here in the sticks of Missouri people are not so bad, yes there are a few that look at you funny or maybe say, "you hunt?" or "you can't handle that". IMHO those the ones that are on the power trip of killing wildlife. The outdoorsman are the ones that reach out and say let's go and help you or challenge you positively. Like one hunting buddy that owns a piece of land next to me, he passed down to me my first BP gun and said you can and start here and my other friend that has helped me with more than just hunting. it helps that our wives hit it off well too.
Anyway I digress, I will take the one or two in maybe thousands overall that are willing to reach out and help. It makes it easier to take the higher percentage of ones the look down their noses at you. Let's talk when I get that trophy

Andy

Hunt Smart, Hunt Safe!