Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Another question for Smokepolehall >

Another question for Smokepolehall

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Another question for Smokepolehall

Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Another question for Smokepolehall

Again, thanks to you and Awshucks for the insight on the Vixen vs Phoenix. I'm leaning towards the Phoenix at this time but I'm currently using my son's 200 until I get one. Still haven't worked up the nerve to decock it as I don't seem to have enough "oomph" to pull it back off the string with one hand. Anyway, I read in another one of your posts that you have a Vixen black rail that you may get rid of? Does it have limbs with it and are you still interested in getting rid of it. My son came across a Vortex stock yesterday and was thinking of swapping his Exocet stock because he just loves those thumbhole stocks. The Vortex stock doesn't feel right to me with my long arms since they shortened it. To each his own I guess but it looks like he is going to have an extra stock of some sort. Just checking.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another question for Smokepolehall

I just have the rail,the riser and limbs and all those goodies is call a prod. My understanding is the thumbhole stocks are abit different than Excals other Cb's and won't interchange. Yes i will sell it same as i paid $57 US funds that includes lower 48 states shipping.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

-
+Don't let the one hand thing on uncocking slow you down!! It is nothing even close to the effort to cock them!! You gotta work up the nerve to try it, lol, you got another 5 months to equal me!! Go for it and then post your impressions! Just don't compare the two: cocking and uncocking.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is how i uncock mine. I put both handles in my right hand. Push saftety off and pull trigger , let it down enough i can get one handle in left hand then ease it right on down.That way i have a handle in each hand no strain.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM

Awshucks had to send me several PM's about the one hand uncocking thing when I first got mine. It is easy and no problem. I no longer carry bad arrows to shoot for uncocking.