Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 For Awshucks & Smokepolehall >

For Awshucks & Smokepolehall

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

For Awshucks & Smokepolehall

Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 PM

Default For Awshucks & Smokepolehall

Hey guys. Well I did it this afternoon (Friday). At the end of the day I put the cocking rope on the Exocet 200, pulled back with one arm,pulled the trigger and waited for my arm to be jerked out of its socket. But to my surprise, it went down smooth and easy just like y'all said it would. I never would have believed it with all the force it takes to cock it and watching and hearing itfling a bolt over 300 fps. I never understood physics in school and I sure do not understand this either. It is truly amazing. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:24 AM

Default RE: For Awshucks & Smokepolehall

Yep! Once you do it you will never waste another arrow again!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well were glad to have helped and hope to help all who need it. Just like we did when we started years ago.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you guys saying I don't have to shoot an arrow into the dirt or hold back the string with both hands and pull the trigger with my thumb?? Learn something new everyday

PS... What is the ONEpiece of tubing on the string changing rope for??

Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang thing is there to get in yer way![]Let it slide down one side or the other out of the way. Better yet do like i did and take the thing off!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter, never sure about you, pal!! I can not tell if you are joking or serious most of the time [love it] but you can uncock bow easy w/ rope cocker and also use it w/ stringing aid to change/adj strings. Just slide the pos plastic sleeve outta the way to put hooks from rope cocker on stringing aid. The uncocking is simple, let hook and handle tight to rail on weak arm side, put hook on string on other side, pull up on the one handle w/ strong arm, opposite foot than normal in stirrup and pull trigger while pulling hard on the one handle. It will ease the string down alot easier than you will believe. It took me close to 6 months to work up the nerve to try it on my Emax.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

To get an idea of what it feels like (decocking with the rope)without the worry of potential injury you can try it on the stringing aid, with a string on, that way it only drops a few inches..
Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

A pulley divides the work/force in half. You baiscally have three pulleys, one of which acts as a brake as well.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tip guys,uncocked my Vortex with the rope cocker...Man is that nice to do...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 AM

I'll admit I have not tried this because everytime I get outhunting I forget what I am suppose to do. So I end up having to fire an arrow into the ground. Luckily I never hit anything to damage the arrow, but my brother did ruin one of his doing it this way.

Anyway, if you are one of these people who need a visual aid, you can watch the video on how to uncock your crossbow here (2:55 mark):

http://www.summerfield.ca/excalibur/ropeaid_256k.wmv

I think I'll have to try it out, looks pretty simple and alot easier.

Quick Reply: For Awshucks & Smokepolehall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.