Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My honey hole!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 PM

Default My honey hole!

Well me and dad went out and set up a blind on top of a old truck container, puts us about twelve feet into the air, but we can hunt together and stay dry and warm come gun season. Also pulled memory card on camera but the batteries are dead so I took it down since mice where building a nest in it. Also turned the feeder down to its lowest setting. The corn ears are full now and the deer have all the food the want, mainly feeding rabbits and birds now. If this year is the same as the last two the feeder will not get used again until late January when the fields are picked clean and food is hard to find. I am really enjoying the new camera but still have to get better at compressing it for YouTube since my images are still grainy. Sorry for you guys on Dial up, it probably is not worth the wait, just practicing with my new toy and wanting to share. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoxKFlbNBJA

Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 AM

Default RE: My honey hole!

Whewww , man that cam program doing great for you , looks like you have it mastered . Looks like you have it all figured out cam wise , I'm still learning , and when it comes to computers , well I'm dumber than a box of rocks. My Sony program won't recognize my dvd bring installed in it's drive, so can't even put mine to the hard drive.....I'm ready to get the shotgun out.

Your hunting set up looks perfect , I mean what more could one want .....your and your dad are in for a great season......enjoy.

BOB
Old 09-28-2007, 08:15 AM

I had trouble with the drive not recognizing it to. Did you finalize the disk in your Sony before putting it in your computer? Found this out after having trouble. On your Hand Cam there is a feature that "finalizes" your DVD for viewing on other devices. Once I did that I was ok. If you do not do it nothing will not recognize it. Have you tried hooking up the cam directly with USB? The program is fun and am really enjoying it. Sad part is that I spent three hours editing the five min flick and putting it together with the wording on the screen. Most of that time was compressing and uploading to YouTube. But I had a good time doing it.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 AM

WELL. Jason , yepppp I'm finalizing every disk and nope just not working.....it does not see the disk as bieng in there. ALL the puters players don 't see the disk either.....power dvd or windows . Now if I get a regular sized disk , power dvd and windows see them and they play fine......this really helps being a puter dummmmmy. Maybe I need a new dvd drive ....it is only a year old.
Hey fellas , we both thank you all for giving us the chance to talk cameras here for a sec or two.....before we know it , all here will be posting our hunts so we all can watch lol.

BOB
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might try to use my video on my little fuji. It does 10minutes of video.
Anyway, my Yardage Pro came yesterday! Just in time for monday. I need to get to the woods. I have about 3 places to hunt and haven't even been out. I Know I know. My buddy always keeps 3 or 4 stands and a blind in his woods though. So I'll prolly just go out there. I was trying to think of a way to mount my laser finder to my reddot. Any ideas??? If I had a regular scope on I would get the Excal mount. thanks
Oh Yea, great video! That looks like real good spot with the pond and all. I'm sure you'll have a great season. You have a nice set up there!

chris
Old 09-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Great video Hotburn! Hope you film some hunts this year. Looks like a perfect stand area. Good luck.
BBO