Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Rage Broadheads and crossbows >

Rage Broadheads and crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rage Broadheads and crossbows

Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Rage Broadheads and crossbows

I'm thinking of switching to the Rage 2 blade mechanicals out of my 150lb. Horton crossbow. Anyone out there using the Rage 2 blade 100gr broadheads out a crossbow? I'm currently using the 100g montec G5s but looking for something with a bigger cutting diameter.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadheads and crossbows

I'm trying them this year for the first time. I've been using the spitfires. I'll post what they do on my first kill if I'm lucky enough to get one this season. Season has already started here in NC and I've let two nice bucks walk already. I'm holding out for granddaddy but later on if I don't get him, his grandson might have a bad day. LOL
BBO
Old 09-16-2007, 07:47 PM

The rage like most things is getting alot of mixed reviews. Some say they swear by them and others have links that show they are not that great. I think alot of the problems with the rage are coming from the three blade version and not the two blade one. I have not used them so I have no definite feed back. Our latest "rage" on here is slicks. Guys been buying them like they are going out of style or something here lately. I have always been a Muzzy user, but last year started using G5 Tekan II's but have not drawn blood with them yet.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iam a old fixed Broadhead guy from long ago BUT...
I used the tekan II's last yr and the yr beforewith my compound and they were great not like the old version,this yr Iam going with the slick trick with the Vortex and the Tekan's on the Pro Fusion,put the rage on the arrows for the Drenalin and they seem to be ok but if your not carefull and check them out you might run into problems, seems they like to open up a bit when banged around not so true with the G5's...and as far as the Slicks go they are just that on my Vortex......SLICK......
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 AM

I've used splitfires before out of my hoyt compound and I love them. But they open out of my crossbow in flight. I figured I'd try the rage broadheads. The practice tip they give you flies great. I guess I should try the real thing before I hunt w/ it. It hurts to shoot a $12 broadhead into a target but I guess it's better to know before shooting at a trophy how they fly.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finely get a day off on Wed and Iam going in the woods from sunup to around 3pm,hopefully I will get to se what the Rage realy do.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM

So how'd it go?

Are you shooting the Rage out of a bow or a crossbow. I injured my shoulder last year and have to settle for using my crossbow. I'm nervous on how the real Rage broadheads will fly out of it. Tomorrow I'm gonna try 1 at my target. I've been shooting that practice tip that comes in the package and it flies great. We'll see. .. It's supposed to be really warm on Saturday but I gotta get out there.

Last year I shot many deer with the Montec G5s. They fly nice and are indestructable. If the Rages open in flight I'm sticking w/ the G5s.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:28 PM

The G5 Montech's flew real nice out of my old 150# super mag. I set dad up with them last year, I always shot Muzzys out of it just fine, but wanted to try them. I liked them since you could resharpen them, but then on night me and dad got home and he realized he left the quiver on the back of the truck, that was painful! So it was back to Muzzys since that was what I had plenty of.