Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Broadheads? >

Rage Broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage Broadheads?

Has anyone had any experience with these yet? Do they fly same as f.p.? Have you taken any game? If so how did they perform?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Rage Broadheads?

So far all I've heard are positive reviews.

I don't shoot them, but if you do a quick search for them here you'll find quite a bit of information on them.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

[/align]go with rocky mountain snypers. they are pretty much the same design but with some very important differences. smaller cutting diameter and they use rubber bands instead of the rubber O ring at the back of the head. the rage heads use more energy to open and have a larger cutting diameter . = less likely to pass through. P.S. I shoot rocky mtn. snyper three blades . I was having a hard time getting replacement blades . I bought rage three blades thinking they were the same head . I registered gor this site when I did a search on rage heads and read the questions posted here. Just trying to keep people from making the same mistake I made.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have full reviews of them on the subscribers side of my website. In a nut shell they are pretty good heads, not the best, not the worst. A lot depends on your setup on how well they will work for you.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM

I absolutely love mine. They fly exactly like my field points and even though I am shooting a relatively slow bow (232fps I have a really short dl) The arrow passed almost all the way through the deer. I am very impressed with them and will most likely be using them for a long time.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I am not nearly as scientific as 5 Shot. My only test was performed in my garage . I stabbed the broad head into a cardboard box with {what I thought was} enough force to make the head open. Three times I tried. Three times I faled. Same cardboard, this time I used a Snyper XP3. I almost ruined the tip on my floor . The head not only opened, it passed through the box and almost hit the floor. Again, not the most scientific method, but enough proof for me. 5 Shot your input is always appreciated. Though this is the first time I haven't had to get it off of your site. I would be curious to know how the Rage heads did on the orange test. Bowtech I don't know anymore than the next guy, I'm mostly full of #2. The look I took at the Rage three blades made me decide to never hunt with them.

[/align]
[blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 2 blades and shot them extensively last night. They performed flawlessly and I can't wait to whack something with them. 2" holes going into the target, 2" holes coming out of it. Impressive...............
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

I am not nearly as scientific as 5 Shot. My only test was performed in my garage . I stabbed the broad head into a cardboard box with {what I thought was} enough force to make the head open. Three times I tried. Three times I faled. Same cardboard, this time I used a Snyper XP3. I almost ruined the tip on my floor . The head not only opened, it passed through the box and almost hit the floor. Again, not the most scientific method, but enough proof for me. 5 Shot your input is always appreciated. Though this is the first time I haven't had to get it off of your site. I would be curious to know how the Rage heads did on the orange test. Bowtech I don't know anymore than the next guy, I'm mostly full of #2. The look I took at the Rage three blades made me decide to never hunt with them.

[/align]

[blockquote][/blockquote]
Are you sure you werent using the practice head? Because that one has locked blades on it. My Rage heads dont take much to open up and when they do they fly open. Nothing to report as far as them not working for me.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

bought a pack of the 3 blade ones, one practice head is included which i love and it shoots perfect... it shoot better than my snyper 2 blade, i will stick with this broadhead for a long time...
Old 09-19-2006, 02:11 PM

I have the 3 blades and was practising 30 yard shots using the practise head and had a complete pass through an over used block 4x4. It went through it and through one board in a privacy fence that is 4 yards behind it. I found the arrow 15 yards on the other side( and don't tell me neighbors either) and the head was in perfect shape. Their Cut on contact worked on 5/8 inch fencing board so I'm impressed.

I tried the regular broadheads out and they fly okay by me. The rubber o-ring that it is on the bottom cuts pretty easy. I went to the local hardware and bought some o-rings and they work great.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.