Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

RAGE Broadheads

Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RAGE Broadheads

I did a search and couldn't find anything so forgive me if this has been hashed around already. Has anyone used these heads and how did you like them? Pros....Cons...

Konk
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Default RE: RAGE Broadheads

I think there may be a feller or 2 on here that's used them....
Old 12-05-2007, 04:55 PM

You did a search on this site for Rage broadheads and didn't find anything? I trying to think of another topic with more air time . . . . .

In a nutshell, they seem to be sweeping the world of archery deer hunting by storm. Lots of the Outdoor Channel celebs use them - and although they are often paid to use certain products, this appears to be one of the archery products that works as advertised. Puts a deer on the ground real quick. I shot two deer with them this year. Both good hits. Both were down in 50 yards. My hunting buddy gutshot one last Sunday. It was on the ground and dead within 50 yards as well. Massive blood trails are common with these heads. And they don't seem to require a high level to KE to work like many other mechanicals.

There are, of course, other good mechanicals out there. And there is sound logic in using one of the many excellent fixed heads as well. But for right now,Rage 2 blades are the "rage".
Old 12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent heads! Fly great, great penetration, and gives you HUGE entrance and exit holes.

You won't be dissapointed!

I've shot 2 deer this year with them--160" Kansas buck, slight quartering away, complete passthrough went about 60 yards, great bloodtrail and a doe last week that busted through her front shoulder and she went doen in about 80 yards and she poured blood out.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only concern has been the very loose way the blades "lock" closed. It seems like they will open during flight.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

If the blades are closed correctly, I promise you they will NOT open!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Traded them in for the Grim Reaper and havent looked back since.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

just make sure the o rings are fresh and they wond go anywhere. holy smokes are the wounds impressive though. http://www.myspace.com/sportbikesarelife some pics on my myspace
Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I've read on other sites that pass throughs are a problem? I can only shoot 60# because of a shoulder injury. You guys that use them, what poundage are you shooting?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

60lbs is plenty. I know a lot of people who are shooting 50-60lbs and are having no problems.

Quick Reply: RAGE Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.