Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New To Crossbows >

New To Crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New To Crossbows

Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New To Crossbows

Just traded for a Horton Super Max 175. I haven't even read the owners manual yet.[:@] I've never owned a crossbow before. I hope the Horton is a decent one? I can't wait to get out and shoot it this week. I just thought I'd say hi, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys and trying to learn a little about crossbows.

Later Bryan
Old 07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New To Crossbows

Welcome...and as far as your new bow goes,it all depends onwho you talk too ....

Enjoy.....
Old 07-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to he forum LD! There are a few guys here that shoot Hortons are happy with them. So if you have any questions they will get answered.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the forum. When you have questions, ask. Lots of guys here with a ton of knowledge.
Keep your thumb down while you are shooting!
Welcome aboard.
Randy
Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 AM

That CB should be a great for you to get into the game with. I have been using Horton's for fifteen years now and have not had any problems. I bought my supermax two years ago and it is a fine CB, you should be happy with it. The only thing I disliked about it was it is a heavy CB and can wear your arms out walking around alot with it! LOL!! Mine was always a nock buster at 20 and would open up just a little at 30 but still had excellent groups! I just bought a Excal Vortex this summer, mainly for the lighter weight and no need for a CB press and now my dad will be using the supermax. I feel comfortable having him use it so you should be good to go with yours. Does yours have a scope or red dot on it? Also, did you trade your Bow Tech Tomcat for the Horton?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I traded a pistol for it. I would never get rid of my Bowtech unless I had another one on the way! Mine has a Horton scope on it, with a recticle I'm sure I'm gonna have questions about. I'm going to take the cb to the shop today and have them give it a good look over.