Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New to Crossbows...Help Please >

New to Crossbows...Help Please

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New to Crossbows...Help Please

Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Default New to Crossbows...Help Please

I recently bought a Barnett Panzer V and the crossbow string would not center after I cock it. When I received it, there were some scratches and gouges (looks like the stock rubbed against the limb during shipment) on the limb, could this be the problem? any help is much appreciated....thank you
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to Crossbows...Help Please

I recently bought a Barnett Panzer V and the crossbow string would not center after I cock it.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure what you mean. If you mark the serving on each side of the rail w/ either whiteout or magic marker, you can see if it's centered after you cock it. then, you adjust the centering by pulling back on string and move it which ever way you need to get the marks equal to edges of the rail. A rope cocker does this for you. If your question is why doesn't the string center itself from limb pressure once it's cocked, you won't find any xbow that does this w/o manual intervention. good luck!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Also make sure the limb is "centered" in the stock and tight.

Mike
Old 04-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I recently bought a Barnett Panzer V and the crossbow string would not center after I cock it.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure what you mean. If you mark the serving on each side of the rail w/ either whiteout or magic marker, you can see if it's centered after you cock it. then, you adjust the centering by pulling back on string and move it which ever way you need to get the marks equal to edges of the rail. A rope cocker does this for you. If your question is why doesn't the string center itself from limb pressure once it's cocked, you won't find any xbow that does this w/o manual intervention. good luck!
X2
Old 04-13-2008, 08:05 PM

Thank you for the replies...the serving and the limb has been markedand centered but whenever I cock the crossbow, one side is always longer than the other, I'll say that if the serving is 4 inches long, 3 inches would be on one side and the other inch on the other side when I cock it.Iam thinking that the limbmight have been damaged during shipping, i'll try calling Barnett on Monday and see if they can send me a new limb. Thanks again....
Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

DON'T....go by the serving................
It's NOT done as a precision part!

Go by how the string sits at rest...mark both sides of the string next to the track. Cock the bow...these two marks should STILL be an equal amount from the center of the track.

Mike

Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike Van Veghten

DON'T....go by the serving................
It's NOT done as a precision part!

Go by how the string sits at rest...mark both sides of the string next to the track. Cock the bow...these two marks should STILL be an equal amount from the center of the track.

Mike

X2
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as the serving covers the area where arrow nok aligns with the serving its good to shoot. you take a good look to see if one limb is bending more than the other. thats a sign of weak limb. if so they both would need replacing.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotcha now, suspect the serving is not centered on the string, but shouldn't matter, just mark it at rest and go from there.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks for all your replies, I called Barnett and they suspect a defective limb or prod as they call it. They sent me a new one last Monday and I should be receiving it soon. I'll post the results of the new limb here...thanks again

Quick Reply: New to Crossbows...Help Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.