Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ladder tree Stand >

Ladder tree Stand

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ladder tree Stand

Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ladder tree Stand

I went out to move my tree stand to the ridge with couple of big oaks. I got to stand site and all i found was a lock that had been shot! It was a master lock and it was in bad shape from a shotgun slug. It held 1/4' SS cable around stand. Took my safety belt and lift rope too. I am real sure it was the high shool boy acrossed the road from me. He hunts with a shotgun and slugs! I will wait until deer season starts and follow him until i find it and take it back. I will leave him a note telling him he is a low life theif! Like to feed him to the turtles!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ladder tree Stand

Stinking rotten thieves.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:22 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

thats sucks...

like I'm sure everyone else has, I've lost a few stands over the years too...

wehad a problem a while back with losing afew back on my parents property, at the time there was a shady guy that lived right down the road that I'm almost positive was sneaking around back there and took them, but theres no way to prove it, theres also a field that borders their property that gets leased out to a farmer for crops and both of my stands that disappearedwere right on the edge of that field so I guess its not impossible that he(or someone working for him)didnt take those ones, but either way it sucks walking back to your stand and finding it gone, especially if you paid a decent amount of money for it

with all the nice stands I've run into in the woods I'd be lying if I said it wasnt tempting to snag one, especially during gun season and with all the out of townyahoo's we get around here,butstill, its something I've never done, unless I found it on my property I just wouldnt feel right taking someone elses tree stand knowing the effort and excitement someones put into their hunting with putting a stand in that particular spot, especially during bow season where its more than likely a local guy(or kid)just trying to enjoy his sport, I'd also hope a fellow hunter wouldnt take mine either, but unfortunately, they do...

Old 07-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I feel for you Mike! Scum suckin sons of beeeches! Should be spanked in front of heir mothers!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got an extra one, Mike, come and get it!!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Life is a circle! They will get what is coming to them one day! I only had one stand taken once and that was when I loaned it out to my brother! He put it up in a bad area and it came up missing. Cheap wal-mart stand but it still was a bummer. My one stand is a Iron Duke! Made from 2" 1/4 thick angle iron steel. It about killed my putting it up and they would have to almost die trying to get it. In fact I think it is past the point of taking since last year I noticed one of the small branches has grown threw the stand and a chain saw would be required to get it. ON the new swamp spot I plan on installing a ladder and that makes me real nervous! I almost get half sick every time I leave my game camera after checking the card! They will get whats coming to them someday!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk, wouldn't do any good to spank as the parents are just white trash. ashucks thanks but i hope to come over this fall and hunt with you and set myself in yer stand! I do have one ladder stand, thats it to use. i have my camo chair folding type and those i will use. I will watch the wind and shower right before i hunt. Such is life and all theives should be hung and shot and tarred and then burned. Or any order of that combo you prefer![:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said smokepolehall,AMEN!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had more than one stand stolen, but the worst part is that I scout, plan and set up my stands weeks if not months before I use them and then I creep out in the pitch black only to find it gone! It makes for a ruinedhunt and hunting time is at a premium.I have an armload of stands andwould happily let the guy sit one. I would know when he was gonna be in it and I could go elsewhere. I would be happy to help someone score a deer. It's like when I take someone striper fishing. I really don't care if I get one but I sure want to see them hook-up.
Smoke.. I'm guessing if the guy had been polite and respectful you would have helped him out someway and I bet I could talk a spare string out ofany of you guys just by asking.>>>>>>Whack!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 AM

I got one for you. I had my stand stolen for me while I was tracking a deer. I shot a doe with my compound bowand was trailing it. I heard men's voices and the clanking of metal. I was in the thick brush, so I could not see what was going on. I continued to trail my deer and found her. When I came back to my stand site, the climbing stix were there but a very expensive NonTypical stand was gone.[:@] I left my stand unattended for an hour.

Quick Reply: Ladder tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.