Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ladder tree Stand >

Ladder tree Stand

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ladder tree Stand

Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ladder tree Stand

Only thing that will ever stop a theif is to be shot in the act, graveyard dead! Then they can call it a hunting accident.I have one last stand and i ain't even putting it up over on that property. They will shoot the lock off, i don't know of any other way to protect it. I will go back to the stool and sitting on the ground on a bucket.[&o]
Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Since thieves are everywhere, what kind of stand would you prefer if you had to put it up the day before in order to keep it from walking off? The places I hunt in CA have enough traffic that putting one up weeks or months before is impossible.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i was a young man i would use a chain-on and either screw in steps or rachet strap steps. Those i would remove the ones 8 ' to 10' above the ground. Unless they tote steps around in their backback they won't be able to climb up and steal stand.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

bah......that sucks for sure. a lot of scumbags in this world. just don't do anything you'll regret later, it's just not worth it bro.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been lucky,but that sure would suck....what a loser......
Old 07-10-2007, 03:23 AM

I know the frustration .
I had a walmart special 15' buddy ladder stand with the camo blind that u can get extra, stolen.I got to use it duringearly bow andhalf way through regular rifle season though .The locks they sell with the stands are jokes and a decent pair of tin snips let alone a pair of bolt-cutters can easily cut through them.
I was thinkin of different ways to do it different this year such as : build a stand with 4x4 / 2x4 and plywood and some lag bolts that way they wouldnt want to take it , or buy another stand andset up a camo trail camera with infered so no flash is visable , facing the stand so that way i can have a pic to track down the person and settle the score .
Or i can just get a climber and carry it to the tree i set up during the pre-season, every day.
Its funny that they can have lo-jack for vehicles like cars , trucks , 4wheelers and even a laptops , but not for a treestands .
Old 07-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be my luck they steal my camera also. Thats not my 1st stand that was stole, several from the shed break in several more in the woods. This last one was the cheapest one. Locks are not much good against ashotgun slug or rifle.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 AM

Yepp fellas , I also had 2 ladder stands stolen over the years and it's not a good feeling . A true sportsman would have never done such a thing, or even thought of doing it.
Last few years I have been hunting off of the ground and enjoying it more.
BOB in Pa.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use mostly screw in steps (Hanging head in shame) and I do just what you suggested Smoke. I unscrew as many as needed to keep the dogs out of the tree and move on.I do make sure I put a nice stout branch in theholes so I don't have try and figure out where the holes were at 4:30 AM. Plus I have a load of trees withsteps already in them and if that spot is the one of the day I carry, but boy I hate lugging stands in the middle of the night.........with apack full of granola bars that stay in there all seasonand with an Excal so wide it's like walking with arifle held sidewaysmy hands are full..
Just remember Smokethat having a stand stolen is one of lifes little things.>>>>>>>>>>Whack!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

I like the idea of the camera, I have sole permission to be on the ground I hunt, also if a shot goes off near my stand I can hear it from my house, if I happen to be around. This is a small town, no doubt I would know the face on the camera anyways.

Quick Reply: Ladder tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.