Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ladder tree Stand >

Ladder tree Stand

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ladder tree Stand

Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ladder tree Stand

Up date on the stole ladder stand. My nephew came up couple weeks ago to stay fer a while. He hit it off with that high school boy and the boy started talking to him. Wasn't long my nephew had the location of stand for me. I went yesterday and recovered it! It was mangled on the top section to the point it needs rebuilt with new parts or i make my own. The boy told my nephew how he had a wreck on his 4 wheeler and gashed is right leg bad above the ankle. Then he told him that the wreck had ruined the engine in his 4 wheeler!So what really happened is this dimwit took a cable and put it aaround my stand on same bar as the tree brace is. Then he took off on 4 wheeler, which was already smoking. Drove off real quick and got thrown over the handle bars and hung his right leg up!He didn't look to see about unhooking the 2 nd. cable and ratchet binder i had stand tight against the tree with!I would have loved to see the goombah flying thru the air and getting hung up on handle bars! No wonder i haven't seen him racing up and down the road with his 4 wheeler!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

You can never find a hidden television camera when you need one. [:-]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

good deal on getting your stand back Smoke.. Also good deal on the boy hopefully learning a lesson.

I got a few stands to hunt from. One is my primary stand and I am only about 500 yards from it right now. The others are about 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile from me right now at work.. Takes me 10 minutes to clock out and be almost to my stand. Property is about 1200 acres andbasically a peninsula with a river on 3 sides and a gate at the front with only a few of us having keys to it...
Old 08-25-2007, 05:29 PM

Have you hired someone to kick his ass yet??????
Old 08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Naw, he ain't but 16, so thats go to jail deal. Sure would have liked to seen him get his a$$ busted!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Spike

Let me just say this, down here in Louisiana, our alligatorsgrow up mean & stay hungry. If our stands come up missing, well, lets just say, the getters get got !!! That's why we don't have that problem down here. Everybody knows what will happen ~~~~!!! And we never lock our stands, and they are pretty well always there when you return. That's a Fact !!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: two guns

Let me just say this, down here in Louisiana, our alligatorsgrow up mean & stay hungry. If our stands come up missing, well, lets just say, the getters get got !!! That's why we don't have that problem down here. Everybody knows what will happen ~~~~!!! And we never lock our stands, and they are pretty well always there when you return. That's a Fact !!!!!
i had friend that fished the bassmasters there about 7 years ago..
he hooked onto a crab cage and was unhooking it when a few of you arrived,he was scared..
he felt they thought he was trying to steal their crabs..

well, he gave them 20 bucks each and he could not get rid of them after that,they talked his ear off........
Old 08-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Spike

yea, well, they were just baiting them in !!!!

The easy way, sweet conversation ..

Being he was your friend , glad he made it out !!!!!

And what is this " few of You arrived" stuff ~~~

We don't have crabs in our swamps here. Wrong ID