Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!! >

Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!!

In a nutshell Dan Miller, who provides the customer service for Excalibur in the USA, recently fixed my crossbow and the customer service was nothing short of fantastic ( I don’t think I have ever said that, much less put it in writing.)

The story:

In May I purchased a used Excalibur Exocet to use this season as using a vertical bow was aggravating my back injury. I sighted in the Xbow and was shooting good groups, but every time I went to the range I found that I had to adjust the scope. It was obvious that something was wrong. Upon closer inspection I found that the trigger unit was moving which was causing the scope to move. I removed the stock and to my surprise I found the threads for the rear machine screw on the trigger housing were stripped (not the screw, the housing was stripped.)

I called Excalibur who put my in touch with Dan Miller in Ohio. When I explained the problem he told me “Just send me the stock and I will take care of it.” I mailed out the stock on Thursday June 21, 2007.

Yesterday, a week to the day, a UPS truck showed up and returned my repaired Xbow. If I had not experienced it my self I would not have believed it. It took one week and my Xbow was repaired (new trigger unit) and on my doorstep.

Included in the box was a price sheet for Xbows and accessories and the pricing is terrific. I could have saved myself some money by buying my accessories thru Dan, I will in the future.

Dan Miller can be reached at:

Horizontal Archery
37432 Fifth Avenue
Sardis, OH 43946
(740) 483-2312
(740) 483-2030

As far as I am concerned Excalibur makes an excellent crossbow and stands behind it like no other company I have ever heard of.

HH

(Note: I have no affiliation with Dan Miller and Horizontal Archery. My user name is only a coincidence.)
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!!

Yep Dan is top notch in alot of peoples opinion! Hope I never have to use him for warranty work but plan on getting all my small stuff from him.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a Danny Miller story for ya'll. Not everybody realizes what I know about him [along w/ many others] but he was recently telling me how somebody got a dozen GT's from him and was EXTREMELY upset that they weren't matched. All the ones I've gotten have been from a low of 430 gr to a high 0f 433 gr, averaging 431 gr. That's what thgis customers weighed also, but he thought they should weigh the same, TO THE GRAIN, lol. Tell ya the truth, I was laughing so hard I didn't hear what he told the guy.

Another Danny story. I needed a stock. It's a long story why, but I needed a stock and I was selling a left handed Mark Henegar custom. Danny asked how much I wanted for it and I told him I paid $225 plus shipping and didn't mind taking a minor beating on it but not a major one, so I'd take $200. I sent him my Henegarand he sent me a beater [free] that someone had replaced under warranty. About a week later, I get a check from him for $225. Being kinda puzzled, I gave him a call. He told me he never even got to mount the stock, a buddy of his came in and saw it and insisted on buying it. Yeah, you guessed er Lester, he charged the guy the whole $225 and sent it all to me. World's nicest guy, imho.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't suppose someone could scan one of Dan's price list and post it. I have a few things I would like to buy from him but can't find the price list and would rather not wait. With the price list I could just give him a quick call. Thanks guys..>>>>>>>Whack!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Here ya go!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jason!!! That was faster than my Pheonix.. Maybe not as fast as a Stryker but my arrows are moving pretty fast when they come out of the other side of the deer....>>>>>>>>>>Th anks again!!

PS.. Which one of the strings on his list is Dan's favorite FFF? mmmm. wonder if Dan will pick up the phone tommorow
Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

Thanks Jason!!! That was faster than my Pheonix.. Maybe not as fast as a Stryker but my arrows are moving pretty fast when they come out of the other side of the deer....>>>>>>>>>>Th anks again!!

PS.. Which one of the strings on his list is Dan's favorite FFF? mmmm. wonder if Dan will pick up the phone tommorow
LOL, which Dan? Miller favors the fff for accuracy. I've shot both extensively, [fff and excel] and decided some time ago that since I'm already 16 fps under max due to heavier Miller GT's [1 fps per 5 grs of change] I went to the fff exclusively. I was not happy w/ the fff and stock 360 gr Excal arrows, the speeds were right on, but what a quivering, noisy, nasty, deal they are/were outta the Emax. The string I'm least fond of is the Flemish dacron, as it stretches like the fff, but has the same fps as the endless loop Excel, which doesn't stretch much at all. To each his own, you can go for speed or whatever your lil heart desires w/ Excal.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was referring to you Mr. Shucks...I shoot the low grade Pheonix and just wanted to settle on a string. I have tried them all and frankly I don't see much difference. I don't use a chrony and I guess I am not a speed freakso just not sure which one to go with. I think I could use achunk of clothes line and the thing would zip thru the beast.
Thanks Jason for your quick response and will shoot off a PM when I get the honey-do list done this AM.
Is it deer season yet??????>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>Whack!!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:58 AM

No problem John! I enjoy finally being able to talk Canadian with you guys!! LOL!!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, see ya changed your sig line, lol, so you must like "speaking Canuck" lol.

Quick Reply: Excalibur Customer Service (Dan Miller) Simply the best!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.