Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excal strings

Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: excal strings

the info I posted about the endless loop FF string came straight from Bill T.himself heres a copy of the PM he sent me on the Excal forum..

We should change that bit on the website, thanks. As to dryfires, up till we went to the forward mounted limbsets that we now use dryfire damage was very uncommon, but the new limbsets will cause trouble occasionally on a dryfire, especially on an Exomax, due to the increased preload on the limbs. Dryfire damage is worse with the fastflight endless loop than the flemish style, so this year we stopped making endless loop FF strings. The dacron string we put on the bows now is bulletproof, I've never heard of dryfire damage with it, but it is a bit slower. Hope this helps and don't worry, I have pretty thick skin.......Bill
Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

maybe things have changed since that Pm was sent to me because I have been told that the FFF string is still listed on the Excal site.. and it wouldnt matter if they did quit offering them there are plenty of string makes out there that will still offer them..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Henry: I've never heard of an endless loop ff string, and am pretty sure I've never had one under a different name, but that is not the FFF you posted they were going to stop making.All endless loop strings have served loops. All Flemish have woven loops. Fast Flight is the type material they are made from. Fast Flight material is the least forgiving in the event of a dry fire, be it endless loop or Flemish. The FFF would have at least some stretch due to the woven end loops. I can see where an endless loop type out of that material would be a problem.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

all I know is what I was told when I called and what was sent to me I cannot prove what I was told when I called so posted what I was sent.
will get varifacation on what string Bill T. was talking about and post..
Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see a picture of an endless loop fff too.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I'd like to see a picture of an endless loop fff too.
That's a typo, bucko, you mean an endless loop ff!! lol, remember the last time we did this? lol. maybe while Henry is emailing Bill T again, lol I can call up Rick Bednar and find out if a pencil and scotch tape will defeat a dry fire inhib, lol, KNOT!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Whats an extra f between friends?
Do you think he's going to insult Bill again?

Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Whats an extra f between friends?
Do you think he's going to insult Bill again?
Nah, Bill's been thru worse than this, lol. Kinda like calling Henry Ford to see what size lug wrench you need though, lol. He's been tangled up in these strings like a trout in a gill net for a long time, maybe it will become clear this go round. Most of the Excal guys pretty well know Excal isn't gonna quit selling OPTIONALfff strings as that's what their speed ratings are based on. I'm pretty sure the confusion is a result of Excal putting endless loop dacrons on the new bows vs fff. I know when I got my Emax a year and a half ago, it came w/ fff, but all the new ones I've seen lately have the standard endless loop dacron on. Our pal Henry is like a pit bull, lol.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

You know what you can do dont you Don,, all bars are off now buddy...
its open season....
Old 01-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Still trying to get clarifacation on just what the Endless Loop FF string is..
Got a reply back from Bill T. but it was just explaining what the difference between the Endless Loop and Flemish was.. so resent question asking specifically what the Endless Loop FF string was that they were no longer going to make..

so I have to admit I posted bad info the FFF string it is still going to be available...

now for a couple of you guys that chose to be ASS-----,, you have run a few off the forum cause thay got tired of the B.S. well the only way Im going anyplace is if I get banned for posting what I think about stuff. expecially the condensending B.S. youns spread with your better than thou ----....

Quick Reply: excal strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.