Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excal strings

Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: excal strings

ORIGINAL: awshucks
I think providing dacron on the new bows is a good idea, as that's when a guy is most likely to dry fire. Dang, and I've been stocking up on FFF's, lol.
Right on!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well so much fer the fff strings going away! I like them myself and glad they're staying. I can't afford comfybear's string at twice the price! I am glad they're putting the excel string on mew Bows. That way it will be better when they make their booboo's![]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

it was Bill T. that told me that they were no longer going to be making the endless loop FF String..
Old 01-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am looking at buying an exocet and am used to the dry fire inhibitor on a 10 point why not put one on the excal?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because then you'ld have a wide 10 pt that used to cost $400, lol
Old 01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

awshucks, really Imean it, do you know if any thing would interfear with mounting a home made one? They are very simple and I think the only reason the other brands do not have them is a patten on them, which dont stop a person from making one and puting it on. Lee
Old 01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Lee, they went away from the automatic safety they used to have becuase it was yet another thing to screw up. They really do believe in the KISS principle.
Dry fire? Just make sure you have a lower powered Excal and a dacron string then you can dryfire it all you want! LOL! Well I shouldn't say that but I am on my fifth dryfire!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

There been several times when that dry fire inhibitor has keep that from happening and I have decieded on an exocet wich is not exactly a low power version. I thought it would be a nice change from the 10 point actually it is a 20 year old Hunter [they changed the name] I had upgraded to the 185 pound limbs. Lee
Old 01-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lee: Seriously, I don't think patent problems exist, as there are several mfgrs that have dry fire inhibs on their bows. I have yet to read of someone having to pay for a set of Excal limbs due to a dry-fire, FFF string or whatever. Doubt you will ever see a safety that goes on automatically or a dry fire inhib on an Excal. I know one guy, no names, put two pieces of tape on the inside of his limbs. One side said "Arrow" the other one said "Dummy??" Cheap and effective. If those two features are important enough to you, maybe another bow would be your only choice. I've used exposed hammer guns so much, manual safeties are comfortable to me, just another rule not to break.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

"Awshucks, really Imean it, do you know if any thing would interfear with mounting a home made one? They are very simple and I think the only reason the other brands do not have them is a patten on them, which dont stop a person from making one and puting it on. Lee"

I heard that!

Quick Reply: excal strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.