Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Red Dot or Scope >

Red Dot or Scope

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Red Dot or Scope

Old 10-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Red Dot or Scope

Don't know where you bought it, but it's going to end up w/ Danny Miller the USA warranty rep. Call him in the am at [740] 483-2312, he'll have you fixed up in no time. You can skip the middleman.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:12 AM

I bought it from Bowhunters Superstore. Talked to Mark from there this morning. He said ship it back and he'll get me a new one out right away. So, if I can get that done today I will. I'll call Dan Miller as well. He is about an 1.5 hours north of me. I don't know if it is worth the drive, but...

Bowhunters Supper Store has been very good to work with.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:00 PM

If anyone is wondering...

I called Dan Miller. He was great to talk to. He was right on the fact that the rut is coming soon. The bow is all sighted in. He suggested I hunt with it and then send it directly to him and he would replace it with a new one. I can still do this right now, but if I want to wait, I can. That’s great service that I fro one appreciate!

What I fear is getting that nice Ohio big buck in front of me and when I look through the scope not being able to see it. That would really suck. The floater that is occasionally showing up seemed to happen when I had the scope pointed straight down and cocked the bow. I think I’ll be ok as long as I check it after cocking and not to set the bow down.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redtail565

If anyone is wondering...

I called Dan Miller. He was great to talk to. He was right on the fact that the rut is coming soon. The bow is all sighted in. He suggested I hunt with it and then send it directly to him and he would replace it with a new one. I can still do this right now, but if I want to wait, I can. That’s great service that I fro one appreciate!

What I fear is getting that nice Ohio big buck in front of me and when I look through the scope not being able to see it. That would really suck. The floater that is occasionally showing up seemed to happen when I had the scope pointed straight down and cocked the bow. I think I’ll be ok as long as I check it after cocking and not to set the bow down.
That's great! Danny is a real treat, he's sent replacement stuff out before getting the returns, just on guys word, so they didn't lose any more time than needed. I think Planter got his new limbs after a dryfire before the old ones got to Danny, but might be wrong. I've heard good things about where you bought it also, just thought Danny might be quicker.