Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 10-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Hey oddsmell, I had a very similar hunt today! I didn't hunt this morning because it was raining early, so I slept in. But it cleared up at noon and I went in at 1:30PM, set a trail cam near a scrape that's been getting hit fairly regularly,then went to my stand. I didn't see any deer, but I saw my good luck ground hog and then just as I was about to leave around 6:10 PM, I caught a slight movement and thought I saw antler!
Sure enough I spotted a nice little 6 point with perfect symetry not 10yrds behind me and to my right. He stopped to get a drink at the little creek and walked right past my stand. He took the exact route that I took getting to my stand. He looked up, and he thought something wasn't right in that tree, but resumed walking past.
He would have been easy picking but like you said, it's too early in the season to take one his size. I've already seen bigger and the rut is yet to come! I had a great day!!! The butcher just called and said I can come and pick my deer meat from that doe I recovered on Sunday.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this was another fine day and a cool one. Coolest one so fer but nothing was seen today but couple of cat squirrels. Will be out in the morning unless called fer work.[8D]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

No hunting today but I did manage to sprain my ankle at work so I won't be hunting tomorrow and that sucks.[:@] I'm hoping I'll be good to go for next week. Figures, it's Friday the 13th![&o]
Old 10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Made a double lunger on a fat spike this afternoon at 7:05 PM @ 18 yards broadside. He came in alone and ate corn for 5 minutes until the ole Ten Point QX4 pushed a 100 grain CrimsonRaptor through him. He only made it 35 yards. I only shot him because I know a needy family that wants the meat. Now my archery season is over until November 4th when Black Powder season starts since I've already taken a big 8 pointer Sept. 29th and now this bucks. I'd rather be lucky than good anytime. LOL. I've got to let that stand settle now for three weeks until BP season and hopefully the rut will bring em back in.
Sorry no picture. I just plain forgot!
BBO
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 PM

Well yesterday was an awesome day! I was at the local hamburg "pop" shop and was eating with dad. He had a friend come in and sat down and started talking to us, its a guy dad met through a prison ministry program forpeople to go into prison and witnesses to people.Some how they hooked up and became good friends. Any ways sorry to get off the track but this guy tells us of some property he had bought and planed on building a house but said he likes the town life and will just let it sit. Found out this is thirty five acres. He says he sees alot of deer on it, I think ya what ever, if I had a dime every time a landowner told me that I could hunt up north with Don! So my dad says lets check it out. Well to get down to it I go out there and holy crap! In the half hour I was there I found two Huge trials! Like ten inches wide of nothing but solid tracks! I jumped one nice buck but its to thick to see him good but he had a nice big body! Rubs all over the place, and I only went about half way in! Sad part is I think I have milked momma out for all my hunting money and if I went out and bought another ladder stand I would be had! So I may just try and build some ground blinds and such but this is great! I have a good spot now as alot of you guys seen my pics but have always wanted a second spot so that I would not over hunt my honey hole, but this spot puts my first spot to shame. Sorry I wasted alot of space on this, but was just so pumped to find another good spot!

But after that me and dad decided to go out and sit in our ground blind at our other spot. The wind was blowing real hard and probably should not of even went out but was nice to sit in blind with dad for four hours talking about really nothing but just having a good time ya know! Sorry for the long post but it was a great day!

Old 10-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Good job BBO! Sounds like you are having a great season! Also have you used your "BuddyBO Gota Go" container yet? LOL! Good job!
Old 10-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sat up over a bear bait today for about 5 hrs til my butt and back were done, lol. Saw a cub, had two cubs, a sow and a yearling on game cam there. I'm after the yearling cause it's cinnamon, and know there aren't any cubs to orphan. Oh well, better luck tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wasn't going to hunt today because of my sprained ankle but some of the swelling went away so I tuffed it outand got into my stand by 2:00Pm today, (respect!) and at 2:55two doe came running towardsme but behindme. I don't know why they were running but one of them stopped 18 yrds away, but again, behind me.[:@] They turned back and went the direction they came from.[&o]
I didn't see any more action until5:10 and I spotted two deer bedded about 40yrds from me, I'm not sure if they were the same two I saw earlier or not. They got up at 5:35 and fed away from me. Didn't see any antler today, but a nice hunt none the less,despite the wind.[:@]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

well yesterday i setup on a well used deer trail a huge trail, i'll get pictures soon ifi can. I waited it out and found out it was much colder than my clothes would allow me to stay there. A few minutes eariler i heard some leaves wrastlein around moving tward my feild edge but nothing. I got up expecting to scare a huge buck off (my luck) but it was two dang chipmunks playin in the beanfeild. i'll be back out tomorrow night!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Got up sat morning, saw huge winds dark clouds (dirty duck weather) and went duck hunting instead! LOL!

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.