Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt Question??? please help >

Hoyt Question??? please help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Question??? please help

Old 04-16-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Hoyt Question??? please help

I gave my dad a cyber tec and he was a drop away rest is there one that will work on it? The bow shop guy down here said he didnt know. thanks for any help.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Question??? please help

You couldn't pay me to use a dropaway, but lots of guys shooting Hoyts are using them. I'll have to let one of them tell you which ones are adaptable to that cutout Hoyt puts in thier Tec risers. That stinkin' cutout is about the dumbest thing Hoyt's ever done, IMO. A definite pain in the @#$! Or, if you're handy, you could just get a piece of aluminum the same thickness as the cutout depth (about .050" thick), cut it to fit, drill a hole big enough for the mounting bolt to go through, glue it in with contact cement and make it so you can use any rest you want on the bow.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, ArthurP, you truly do march to the beat of a different drummer! [&:]

Moose75, I had an '03 CyberTEC and loved it. I shot a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone with and it worked great. In fact, at that point I had never experienced a more accurate hunting rig. The TR DZ works perfectly on 'em I'm sure I still have some pics in my files of the rest on the bow. I do know that it is also the rest that I have chose to put on both my XTEC and my VTEC. As a matter of fact, the engineer at Trophy and the rest of the TR staff all shoot Hoyts so you can pretty much bet that TR accessories are going to fit nicely.

Here are a couple pf pic of DZ/TEC rigs.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:19 PM

IL-Cornfed

thanks for the info your right that is a great little setup!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Takers work great too. You can adjust the back screw with a stubby allen wrench sold by TT or you can cut one down yourself to adjust it.

ArthurP, you always make me chuckle. I know a guy around here that sounds just like you. I always have to give him some crap about his views even though I respect them very much. I always have to point out that the girlscouts get a badge for shooting bows just like his. ( he also knows that own a couple of stick bows myself.) Keep spreading the word. I did however get a little closer to old school technology and bought a longer ata and a longer BH bow. So your preaching has had some effect. I still haven't gone sightless yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Il-cornfeed pretty much shows how to set them up. I shot a drop away on both my hoyts, the excel and razor tech.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check put a Muzzy Zero Effect. I love mine.