Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt question....

Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt question....

Hey all,
The wife and I are going to be getting new bows after this season ends. I have shot alot of bows at my local shop and it came down to the Bowtech Gaurdian and the Hoyt Vectrix. Both are amazingly fast and quiet with no shock, the Hoyt ended up feeling better in my hands. I am curious as to what the difference between the Vectrix and the Vulcan are. So if anyone familiar with the hoyt bows could clear this up, I would appreciate it.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Default RE: Hoyt question....

Very little. The Vulcan has a 6" brace height, and it's 6 fps faster. Other than that, pretty much the same bow. Of the 2, I personally prefer the Vectrix. It's more user friendly, and the 6 fps isn't worth it.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Host of Hosts

Well you narrowed it down to 2 very good bows. I had both this past year. I ended up using and hunting with the Bowtech Guardian over the Hoyt Vectrix, but like you and the Hoyt it just felt better to ME. You can't go wrong with either bow in my opinion. 2 of the very best bows on the market for sure.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think you'd be happier with a Ross cardiac or one of the top Darton bows.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rynigner

Hey all,
The wife and I are going to be getting new bows after this season ends. I have shot alot of bows at my local shop and it came down to the Bowtech Gaurdian and the Hoyt Vectrix. Both are amazingly fast and quiet with no shock, the Hoyt ended up feeling better in my hands. I am curious as to what the difference between the Vectrix and the Vulcan are. So if anyone familiar with the hoyt bows could clear this up, I would appreciate it.
You'll shoot the Vectrix better. In fact, you'll shoot the Vectrix XL better than the shorter Vectrix if you don't mind a 36" bow, which isn't a long bow by any means. By the time the season ends, the 08 models will be out, so you may find an 07 at a nice price, or an 08 you like better.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Host of Hosts

or one of the top Darton bows
Are you serious?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

I am stuck between the vectrix and the guardian....I can't make up my mind......either bow is a great choice
Old 10-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Are you serious?
Very
Old 10-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Are you serious?
Very
He's already narrowed it down to the 2 he likes. If you don't have something constructive to say about those 2 then there is no need to post on his thread.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM

I understand the Reflex line of bows is made by Hoyt. Is the Growler comparable to the Vectrix?

Quick Reply: Hoyt question....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.