Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Kind of Arrow >

Best Kind of Arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Kind of Arrow

Old 01-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Kind of Arrow

Good stuff guys. I started off with xx75's and now use xx78's. I have thought about going to carbons but just haven't done it. Yes, bent, busted, and broken a bunch, but still doing aluminum and really no complaints. Hopefully, I'll get some extra cash to try out some carbons sometime. I do remember when I first started shooting and went to the local shop. I would come to learn the shop, owner and staff were quite good and knowledgeable. Things they set me up with and told me as a newbie turned out to be pretty right on. One thing that I remember the owner saying was that carbons weren't all they were cracked up to be and that they weren't as consistant as aluminums. That and the fact I really can't complain about my aluminums has been enough not to change. But, I'm sure some day I'll try some carbons and I'm guessing I will like them or maybe not even be able to tell the difference. These discussions on here are great and I would like to thank all of you for you input.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, if you want carbons the Carbon Epics are cheap and strait enough for me to stack touching all of them at 20 yards, 2-3" groups at 30 yards, and 4-5" groups at 40 yards. That is enough to kill a deer every time IMHO, as well as be competitive in 3D. I would be willing to bet that most of the people that pay $75-$140 for a dozen high end carbons/ACC's, don't have the shooting abilities to take advantage of their extra straitness. Some certainly do I am sure but 99.999% including myself cannot shoot that consistent. That is why I have Gold Tip XT's.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

GoldTip XT's are the best bang for the buck out there. They're quality is top notch without the big price tag.