Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Stands? >

Lone Wolf Stands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Stands?

Old 01-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Lone Wolf Stands?

I am considering purchasing a new climbing stand and really like what I've read and seen of the Lone Wolf climber. Does anyone have any experience with these.

Any comments welcome, good or bad.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:54 AM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Stands?

I don't know anything about LW stands, but make sure you compare them to Summit's climbers, which I really like.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know I've heard about them not being that comfortable.

I've heard good and bad about them. Some people are very loyal to LW.

Here is a thread from another forum where there was a problem.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=877743
Old 01-27-2005, 11:15 AM

Charlie

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:18 AM

I have the Alpha Hang-On stand (not a climber) and is the single most quiet and functional stand that I have owned or used. A buddy has the hand-climber and he loves it. We're both medium sized guys, and comfort has not been an issue. Perhaps the lack of comfort come into play for the big guys? Anyway, I'd recommend Lone Wolf any day.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:53 AM

If you could find a good used one for a decent price, it would be ok. IMO A new one is not worth the money. Summit is a better more comfortable stand, and less expensive.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 PM

i had a summit and freaking hated it. it was heavy, took to long to put up and was loud putting up and taking down. i took it back to bass pro and paid a little extra for the alpha hand climber and absolutely love it. by far the easiest stand i have ever put up or took down. as far as comfort just stand up once every hour or so for a minute or two to rest your rear. i will probably purchase the hang on next year.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

I have not had the opportunity to sit in their new seat/w backrest which came out in 2004 , but it looks comfortable. I have used the Alpha Sit & Climb model for 3 seasons and just recently bought another one from a member here. Not one time have I ever slipped or felt unsafe, and I do not know how many countless hours I have logged using the stand. I will put the gripping ability of their traction belt up against any other brand, using cables or v-bars. I will not knock Summit stands because if it wasn't for loving my Lone Wolf I would be using a Summit. But for quietness, solid in the tree and gripping ability while climbing it cannot be beat. It folds very flat and is easy to pack. If you have the opportunity to try out different stands I highly recommend to do so.

Admittedly the older models came with a strap type seat and was not very comfortable at all, so I added a Summit bushmaster seat to mine. Works great. If you do buy a used one, it would be worth the money($29) to order the new seat with backrest from Lone Wolf.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have almost convinced myself to buy the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. I like the light weight and easy carry design of them. I hate carrying in a big cumbersome stand along with all the other bow hunting equipment.

I've been watching e-bay and they have sold some "New" LW Hand Climbers for $200. I think I may go that route.

Thanks for all the input. It really has helped me make my decision
Old 01-27-2005, 01:34 PM

I've been looking into the Alpha Hang on for next season. I plan on buying 4 or 5 additional hanging straps and leaving them up in my trees. This way I can go to any tree I want (that I set up before hand) and hang the stand and hunt quietly.

I figure this kills two birds with one stone.

First, I don't have to worry about any one stealing my stands as I will take it down and put it up each time I use it. The hanging strap makes that fairly simple.

Second, no one will have easy visibility to the trees I am hunting from and no one can use my stands when I am not there.

Seems like a good plan that I intend on trying out next year. I just hate worrying about my stands and if they are going to be there when I walk in in the morning.

Just my thoughts on the Hang On model.

P.S.- I have heard nothing but good things about Lone Wolf stands.