Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone wolf stands

Old 11-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lone wolf stands

Have been looking at these stands on web site. Are these stands comfortable? Looks like they would be rough on the long hunts. I now hunt from Summit Python but am trying to find something MORE portable. Are the Lone Wolfs easy to set up and quiet? The weight sounds pretty good. Also folds up flat for packing in. The Summits are a little awkward bing as they don't fold up. But the Summit is comfortable.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf stands

HawgDawg,

The most comfortable stands I have tried are BuckShot, Tree Lounge and Doc's Recliner.
But if you move around alot then the Lone Wolf is your best bet.

Sag.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

I own a Lone Wolf Alpha climber and it is not as comfortable as some stands but after adding a padded seat it is quite adequate. The Lone Wolf is very quiet, light, strong(I would put the platform up against any brand), and grips the tree very well. In other words I will not not be getting rid of it!!! In fact my 64 yr. old father-in-law is picking up a new one today from a pro shop he was so impressed. He used mine a couple of times and found it easier to use than others he has tried.

I stress one thing......it doesn't come with a footstrap and I added it immediately upon buying mine.

Edited by - Cougar Mag on 11/22/2002 12:24:51
Old 11-22-2002, 08:27 PM

I have the hang on and use the 3 piece ladder. Stand is confortable and very easy to put up. My 280# body doesn't climb like a squirrel, but this stand is great. I've owned alot, both climbers and hang ons and this one is my keeper. My favorite climber is the ol man. A little heavy but comfortable for my big butt.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:28 PM

PS. 6'3" 280# squirrel!
Old 11-25-2002, 06:06 PM

I have a Lone Wolf Alpha climber and love it. I was torn between this one and the summit BUshmaster. I chose Lone wolf because it packs flat. its light and the solid cast aluminum platform is quiet no weld or screws or rivets to squeek or creek. I like the fact that it is designed to climb without those pain in the ass boot straps. and it has quarter inch incraments with the belt over summits 3 inches. Im sure there are more comfortable stands but faster and quieter I doubt it. Face it the more portable the more apt. you are to use it. There were days this year I set up in four different locations in one day. The built in bow holder is nice too make sure you get the rubber grommet for it (sold seperately). They really are fast to set up and pack-up I had to remind myself after I first started useing it that I had my set up with me when walking to and from areas its really that quick.