Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER >

LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER

Old 12-13-2004, 01:07 PM

Default LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER

HEY GUYS JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GET YOUR OPINION. I TOOK MY SUMMIT BROADHEAD BACKPACKER BACK AND EXCHANGED IT FOR A LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER THE BACKPACKER WAS TO HEAVY 22 LB AND TOOK TO LONG TO PUT UP AND TAKE DOWN. I KNOW IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S LIGHT AND EASY TO PUT UP AND TAKE DOWN. I WALK 1/4 TO 1/2 MILE OR BETTER TO SEVERAL STANDS AND THE WEIGHT IS A REAL ISSUE. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THOUGHTS
Old 12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LONE WOLF HAND CLIMBER

I have a lone wolf and have said many times that I love it. I have the hand climber and recently purchased the sit and climb top portion so I have a very versatile set-up. You'll get a lot of people saying to buy this stand or that stand, but you made a great choice...enjoy!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:11 PM

I also bought the Alpha Sit and Climb. I love it. Very Quiet going up and down the tree and solid once in place. I bungy my seat once in position because it does have a tendency to slip down easy once you take the weight off of it. Also bought a couple of Lone Wolf hang on stands and like them as well. A couple more of the hang on's are in the future for me.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 AM

thanks, for the coments. I can't wait to get it in and try it out. I also have a lot of setups for a hang on of which right now I have a ameristep which is nice but I am always looking for sometning lighter and quicker to put up. I spike or put steps in many trees so I really just use one stand for areas that a can't use a climber. My hunting buddy said he saw a show that featured the lone wolf hang on and said it looked like the best stand he had seen.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:58 AM

I have a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On. I have 3 API Baby Grands and a Gorilla, and the Lone Wolf is FAR superior in my mind. It's not quite as comfortable, but it's far quieter. You'll be pleased.