Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone wolf hand climber?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Lone wolf hand climber?

Looking to get one of these stands b/c of its light weight and its slim packing design.

Just looking for any experiences with this stand. either good or bad.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:02 PM

Default RE: Lone wolf hand climber?

I have the LW hang-on and it is an awesome stand. Quiet, light, super tough (I would expect the cast platform to last a lifetime). You wouldn't be disappointed with the quality. Sorry I couldn't comment on hand climber.[&:]
Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM

I do not have a Lone Wolf, or any climber yet, but Lone Wolf was suggested to me. The two climbers shown on their website look very nice, light and flat, but a little spendy compare to others. I may go the summit route, as their viper and backpacker climber models look very good, for a $100 or more less than Lone Wolf, with only a few pounds more.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Spike

I have a Lone Wolf hand climber and have to say that it is a good stand. I can get up and down trees pretty fast and they are quiet. The only draw back is the lack of room on the seat. It can get uncomfortable after a couple hours up there. The cool thing is that if you wanted the sit and climb model, you would only have to buy the seat portion later. You can buy directly from Lone Wolf on their website.