Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wisconsin hunters? >

wisconsin hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wisconsin hunters?

Old 11-10-2004, 06:34 PM

Default wisconsin hunters?

I will be heading out to Wisconsin this coming weekend, but I won't have anytime to scout much because I won't be getting there till late Friday(scouted earlier before the season though). Was wondering what sort of action is going on there these days. Will be hunting in the north central area of the state. Thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wisconsin hunters?

Things have been real slow on the northeastern part of the state for the last two weeks up until Sunday, looked like the deer were starting to move again with the weather getting colder and hopfully the pre- rut starting.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Be ready for some action. The deer activity has really picked up here in Central WI, Marathon County. I've had so many deer come through our yard int he past week. More than usual. The bucks are showing themselves now too. Fresh rubs and scrapes popping up daily. Some cold weather for the end of this week and weekend, but a warm up after that I guess. I like the temp in the teens and low 20's over night, really gets those deer moving! Good Luck.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

You should be catching the tail end of the rut. Setup between doe bedding areas if possible. The bucks are still sniffing around but I think most of the does have been bred alreeady. Saw 4 bucks tuesday night and none were trailing does, they had the feed bag on. The does I saw were back with their fawns and the tarsal glands weren't brown anymore. I heard they clean those off once they are bred so the bucks will leave them alone. Good luck.