Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If a deer cant tell human urine from coon urine....

Old 10-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If a deer cant tell human urine from coon urine....

If a deer cant tell human urine from coon urine then why buy coon urine to put on your boots? Why cant you just pee on your own boots?[&:]
Old 10-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: If a deer cant tell human urine from coon urine....

That's actually a very good question as silly as it is. I personally don't use coon urine and I'm sure as hello not urinating on my own boots.

I don't know if you saw the study I posted on mock scrapes that were visited and documented with cameras on human, buck vs doe urine and new car smell. The scrapes with the human and buck urines were visited the most and equally vs the scrapes with the doe and new car smell which were visited equally but less than the human and buck.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The question came to me when me and a friend were arugueing over whether or not a deer can tell human urine from any other urine, he says they can, but I told him to come here and do a search on it. I figured hed believe you guys before me, whos only been huntin 4 times.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I've never witnessed a deer's reaction to human urine, but there have been too many hunters (who have been at this far longer than myself) who will urinate about 50 yards from their stand, then trounce in the puddle, and proceed to their stand. Same guys will pee in mock scrapes (or real scrapes if there are any around)...they swear by it.

Along these same lines, I've wondered if having too many types of lures (estrous, gland, urine, etc) around would hurt your chances rather than help.