Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Facts of deer reactions to human urine >

Facts of deer reactions to human urine

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Facts of deer reactions to human urine

Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Facts of deer reactions to human urine

I was just wondering if anybody had any proven studies and facts of how deer react to human urine. I know half of the hunters will pee on a scrape every chance they get and the other half swear by not peeing within a quarter mile from the woods. Sorry this is so similar to all the other topics of human sents but i am looking for links and facts not just opinions. Feel free to leave opinions too.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Facts of deer reactions to human urine

There were some posted on here a few years back. They tested human urine in breeding scrapes. It seems like the University of Wisconsin or the University of Georgia were involved or maybe both. I could be wrong about that though. But the results of some studies have definitely been posted on here before.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My experience has been that it doesn't matter. Deer don't seem to pay much attention to human urine. I've pee'ed under my stand and had deer walk by. Some noticed, some didn't, none were alarmed.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Peed out of my stand once and a doe came by and licked it, the urin that is.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I used to be one of the guys that wouldn't pee in the county I was hunting in, but then I read the results of a 2 year study that said deer don't know the difference. I have peed in the woods since and not had a problem. But I still wouldn't go peeing in any scrapes. I'm pretty sure that humans don't have the same hormones in their urine as a doe in heat.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

I used to be one of the guys that wouldn't pee in the county I was hunting in, but then I read the results of a 2 year study that said deer don't know the difference.
where did you see this study? any links or references?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not scientific, but when I was a kid, a guy who was on Michigan Out of Doors (PBS televiosion show) did an experiment. He collected his pee for a day or so, then dumped it in the woods when he had a camera set up. Both bucks and does came to investigate it.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:29 AM

I'm pretty sure that humans don't have the same hormones in their urine as a doe in heat.
it's a dominant buck thing, peeing in the scrape keeps the bucks coming back to check the scrape and refresh with there scent.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

When I pee'd on that does head, she didn't seem to lke it much. Her reaction was to run aaway.[8D]
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I read a study one time and they used real deer urine ,new car scent, human urine and doe in heat. If I remeber right the new car scent worked as well as the doe in heat. I'll see if I can find the mag.

Funny thing my wife was just asking me yesterday when I was going to get rid of all my old mags. Told her I needed them for research from time to time. She better not have thrown them out.

Quick Reply: Facts of deer reactions to human urine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.