Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

HUMAN URINE AND DEER?

Old 09-18-2002, 07:13 PM

Default HUMAN URINE AND DEER?

I would like to get input from you all.

Does human urine spook deer?

Keep hunting and the great outdoors alive!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:12 AM

Default RE: HUMAN URINE AND DEER?

jred,

Not to sound mean or anything but this very topic has been beaten into the ground about 100 times on this forum.

Not sure if a search will still turn up similar posts but give it a try.

In any event, to answer your question...absolutely not!! Many people even dress up scrapes with human urine. I've relieved myself right off my stand and had a deer 1/2 hour later checking out the spot. The deer never seemed alarmed.

The only real problem you face would be that the urine smell could keep the deer under your stand longer. That would increase the chance that the deer will catch a wiff of you should the wind change.

Think about it for a second...If deer were alarmed by the smell of predator urine, wouldn't they be constantly running away from all the coyote spots, wolf spots, bear spots, etc?

-Mike

Old 09-19-2002, 11:32 AM

Never had a problem with my urine scaring deer. If anything, I have had them come in to check it out. I have seen videos with hunters urinating on scrapes and producing great results. All in all there is no negative effect!!!! Good luck hunting and God Bless America!!
Old 09-20-2002, 04:56 AM

i piss in the woods all the time. i have had deer walk still in after i have done it. also sometimes i do is dig my heel into the ground, pee in the hole, cover it up with dirt and put doe pee on top of it. just to mask it.

Old 09-20-2002, 05:00 AM

i piss in the woods all the time. i have had deer walk still in after i have done it. also sometimes i do is dig my heel into the ground, pee in the hole, cover it up with dirt and put doe pee on top of it. just to mask it.

Old 09-24-2002, 09:48 AM

Often when deer hunting I open the door on my blind and piss out and see deer within a few minutes. I have seen them within 1 or 2 min, so I don't think the urine affects them at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I would like to get input from you all.

Does human urine spook deer?

Keep hunting and the great outdoors alive!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>