Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Noisy Noisy Blind >

Noisy Noisy Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Noisy Noisy Blind

Old 10-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default Noisy Noisy Blind

Shot out of my Ameristep Penthouse today for the first time. I bought it last year after the season and planned on using it this year for bow season. I know i should have shot out of it earlier instead of waiting till the last minute. I got my bow sighted in and put my blind up at 20 yards and let one fly, and it sounded like a rifle going off in there. It was pretty loud, i thought at first that my bow had blew up. I shot again and again it was really loud. I got out and shot a few times outside and it was fine. I thought maybe i had hit the blind with the bow or arrow. I got back in and squatted down and made sure i was no where near the roof or window flaps and shot again, it was still really loud. My blind is 7 1/2 feet tall so i shouldnt be hitting the roof. I dont think i will be able to get by with a shot when it sounds like a .410 going off in there when i shoot, every deer around will jump. Any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Noisy Noisy Blind

When you're inside the blind the sound from the bow is being confined in that small space making it sound louder. Outside the sound can travel in all directions
Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Noisy Noisy Blind

When you're inside the blind the sound from the bow is being confined in that small space making it sound louder. Outside the sound can travel in all directions
I agree with Jeramy. It sounds loud to you because you are in the blind but I am sure the sound is somewhat muffled to anything outside of the blind.