Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Noisy Bow

Old 07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Noisy Bow

My boyfriend has had his bow for 3 years and it is all of a sudden really noisy when he shoots it. He has all kinds of limbsavers and stuff on it but it doesnt seem to be helping. It has a lot of vibration still coming through the bow handle. What do you think could be wrong?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Noisy Bow

check for loose bolts/screws on the bow.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIGDADDYCAIN is right about all of the screws and bolts. One little screw loose can make a lot of noise and vibration.

Also check the cable slide rod and maybe look the limbs over carefully to make sure there are not cracks in them.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:00 PM

as noted this is most likely the sign of a loose screw or something. Most often this can be found in the sight. I usually find the rattles by banging the heel of my hand on the accessories and see if one buzzes or rattles when I hit it. A bent axle can do this as well and is harder to diagnose if you are not real bow savvy. One last thing to consider is a Severely stretched cable allowing a limb or wheel to have some slack/vibration upon release.

Just Some Starters.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Site Bouncer

I agree with the others....something is not right with the bow. Check all screws, bolts, sight, rest, stabilizer, etc... Also check the string and cable/s for broken strands especially in the loops that attach to the cams.

Last year I had a noticeable vibration with my Browning Oasis while practicing with it. I checked it out for all of the typical problems (listed above) but never thought to check the string and cables. A few shots later the cable snapped and everything went "BOOM". One of my buss cables broke right in the loop that attached to the cam post.

I had the cams, axles and everything checked put on a new set of Stone Mountain Dakota strings and shot it for the rest of the season. I wasinspecting it closelyabout a month ago because I had found a crack in my other bow limb (Bowtech/Techunter) and don't I find a crack in the upper limb! I can't say for sure that it was from the string breaking incident last summer but I'm sure it didn't help it either.

Either way I'm stuck buying new limbs for it now.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the suggestions I will let him know.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM

After a good look over of what the fellas above suggested, have him also check the specs on the bow.. ATA, Brace height & timing.. Any of these can produce undesirable results..as you mentioned..

If you need any help with these PM me and id be glad to help ifi can....