Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

gloves

Old 10-14-2004, 04:31 PM

Default gloves

Does anybody wear gloves on there release hand? or do you cut the finger off your trigger finger so you have a total feel of the trigger?
Old 10-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Default RE: gloves

i wear gloves, they arent real heavy but there are enough.

about a week before season i start wearing them during all my practice sessions.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont wear a glove on my release hand. i do wear one on my bow hand though. i usually keep my release hand in my pocket with a handwarmer if its cold out until im about ready to pull back. then i slowly put my release to the string and wait to pull back. some people may think this is dumb b/c of the movement but i just dont feel comfortable with a glove on my release hand.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

In early bow season, I usually wear a pair of camo mesh gloves. It doesn't affect my shooting. Later on when it gets colder I have a pair of arctic shield gloves that have the removable finger tips. They work really well to keep you warm but still afford you with the ability to shoot your bow or gun.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I wear a pair of camo "mechanics" gloves. they give me plenty of feel. They aren't that warm so I use a hand warmer. with this set up I do fine.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:25 PM

I wear a light pair of cammo Jersy gloves with my hand in my pocket. I use a carter release, so it's hanging on the loop ready to pull.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 AM

I wear a tight fitting pair of scent blocker gloves on both my hands. I own two pair, one for practice and the other for hunting so it dosn't effect my shooting at all. They're not the warmest gloves in the world but I wear them so I don't leave scent on every thing I touch.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear camo jersey gloves with the little grippies on them. Never had a prob.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the early season, I wear some thin, uninsulated gloves on my release hand. For cold weather, I have a set of glove/mittens that keep my hands warm. If a shot presents itself, the mitten part is flipped back and my bare finger protrudes from the fingerless glove. Since the one I have uses a magnet to hold the mitten part back, it's entirely silent.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:15 PM

I can't stand the bulk of big gloves so i normally stick my hands in pockets(with a handwarmer if its really cold) and try not to touch anything where my where deer might pick up my scent. I've been kicking around the idea of some tight, thin, scent proof gloves myself. They seem like a solid idea for my personal preferences and hunting techniques.