Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gloves or no gloves? >

Gloves or no gloves?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I wear gloves.
67.12%
No, I dont wear gloves.
32.88%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Gloves or no gloves?

Old 10-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Gloves or no gloves?

My friend was helping me dress my deer last weekend, and he asked me if I had any gloves. I always have a 50 pack of the heavy duty latex ones, but very seldom use them, unless it is a gutshot, which this one was.
Anyway, do you use gloves when you field dress a deer?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gloves or no gloves?

I dont I just make sure I wash them reall good after I am finished. My buddy washes his hands in rubbing alcohol.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you and yours are the only ones eatin whats the dif
....just wash hands well
Old 10-20-2006, 12:53 PM

Having a nurse for a mother and a food safety expert for a wife and a touch of OCD and paranoia has pretty much hammered wearing gloves for field dressing, skinning, butchering, etc.. into my M.O.

Actually, I used to pick up those "easy livin" kitchen gloves at the local JobLot real cheap. They actually give a good amount of grip when ripping out windpipes and stuff.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

WHOOPS I didn't read good enough. I thought you met for camo. Yes I wear them for prevention against disease.
C7
Old 10-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Yes, I wear them just so I don't have to wash my hands.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I don't. As I was skining the deer I got this year I noticed that I had a deer tick on my arm. Maybe it might be a good idea to start using gloves when gutting/skinning them.

Also every time the my aunt and my grandfather run their dogs outside they came back loaded with ticks. Mostly wood ticks(big ones) and lately deer ticks(smaller ones). We have become experts at taking them out. I have only had one which got under the skin under my armpit.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear latex gloves for a couple reasons: 1) much easier clean up, don't have that blood stuck under my fingers nails, 2) I don't get blood on all my gear, since I can simply remove my gloves, put them in a sandwich bag, and hence don't get it on any other gear, 3) I get the gloves free from work, so why not use them!!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still use the old fashion rip and tear barehanded method.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, for a couple reasons. They keep your hands clean and if the phone ring(I always have one near me) I can rip off a glove and answer it. I can rip off a glove and go in the house if I need something. In colder weather it keeps your hands dry and warmer. The single biggest visible advantage is, it gives you a better grip on the meat, the hide, everything. I buy the latex surgical gloves usually. I also carry 4 or 5 pairs in my backpack all the time. I usually get them at a dry cleaning supplies dealer for about 8 or 9 bucks for a big box. Len had some camo ones that I bought at his shop the other day. They were a little more but saved me a trip to the dry cleaning distributors.

Quick Reply: Gloves or no gloves?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.